Another Triumph for American Democracy

Captain Swing

Another Triumph for American Democracy

Post by Captain Swing »

Nevada's famous pimp expected to win election despite death

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada's most famous pimp tried to bring the state's legal brothel industry into the mainstream by mingling with celebrities, showcasing his business on HBO and staging outlandish publicity stunts.

Dennis Hof's fame made him an attention-grabbing figure in an otherwise quiet industry. And, despite being found dead on Tuesday, he's poised to win an election to the state Legislature in less than three weeks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nevadas-famo ... 28602.html
Gaybutton

Re: Another Triumph for American Democracy

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote:despite being found dead on Tuesday, he's poised to win an election to the state Legislature in less than three weeks.
And he would still make a better choice than some currently in office. I hope he wins. He wasn't a Republican, so if I was eligible in Nevada, he would have had my vote . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Are we implying there is anything wrong with a brothel owner becoming a politician ?

As long as he treats employees fairly, it's as good as any other business.
Also, having politicians who have experience of successfully running a business is on average, way ahead of electing politicians with no management experience.
Conversely of course, business people who have had several bankruptcies and have been almost constantly involved in litigation whilst running those businesses do not make good politicians. Doesn't stop them getting to the top mind you.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Surely the point is more that Nevadans seem about to elect a dead man!

Then I suppose if an idiot crook can be elected to the White House, anything is possible!
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Atlanta (CNN)Dennis Hof, a Nevada brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month, won an election for Nevada's 36th Assembly District Tuesday night, the Nevada Secretary of State's office said.

Hof, who ran as a Republican, defeated Democratic challenger Lesia Romanov by more than 7,000 votes, the office said.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote:brothel owner and reality TV star who died last month, won an election for Nevada's 36th Assembly District Tuesday night
Why am I not surprised?

Of course, with the types of people who are politicians these days, I might have voted for a dead one too. Beats a great many of the live ones . . .