Hot Dogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
RichLB

Hot Dogs

Post by RichLB »

I remember a time when hot dogs were available everywhere. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Are there any eateries in and around jomtien where one can get a real hot dog in a hot dog bun?
Gaybutton

Re: Hot Dogs

Post by Gaybutton »

If by a "real" hot dog you mean American hot dogs, if you can't find any in a restaurant, Villa Market carries a few American brands. You may have to mortgage you home to pay for them, but they've got 'em. Some of the German sausages are also very close - at least close enough.

Unfortunately for me, I grew up on New York kosher hot dogs - and I have seen none in Thailand, not even Villa Market. For me, nothing beats them on a good bun with mustard and sauerkraut. For me, that's a real hot dog . . .
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Arno's in Bangkok has a hot dog on their menu - I am not American so I have never tried it and don't know if it is "real", but I do like their burgers

There is an Arno's in Terminal 21 in Pattaya, don't know if it is worth a try
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Route 66 diner on Siam Country Club road has 6 varieties with 3 of those offering choice of pork or beef wiener. Sorry GB, none with sauerkraut.

They have a large menu featuring many "American" dishes - https://www.route66pattaya.com/menu/. I have dined in once and ordered delivery through Grab several times. Their online menu prices higher than in restaurant dining. I haven't tried any of their hot dogs yet, but what I have had was very good - biscuits & gravy (180 in house, 190 delivery) and country fried chicken (299 in house, 329 delivery). They also online delivery through https://route66diner.ezyfood.app/.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:21 am Sorry GB, none with sauerkraut.
No problem. I always keep a jar of sauerkraut in the fridge. I like it on other things too, such as when I make my own Reuben sandwich . . .

Route 66 is also on Foodpanda for delivery.