Using an agent to renew a UK passport

Business, Doctor, Maid service, Handyman, "Where can I find . . .", etc.
traveller123

Using an agent to renew a UK passport

Post by traveller123 »

Has anyone used and can recommend an agent to renew a UK passport.
Preferably in Pattaya - l live out in the sticks but will be visiting Pattaya in a couple of weeks
Undaunted

Re: Using an agent to renew a UK passport

Post by Undaunted »

Key Visa 10,000-15,000 https://www.keyvisathailand.com/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I recommend Mots Services. See: https://www.mots-services.com/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

traveller123 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:46 pm Has anyone used and can recommend an agent to renew a UK passport.
Preferably in Pattaya - l live out in the sticks but will be visiting Pattaya in a couple of weeks
Having gotten a couple of suggestions please tell us how did you do?
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Undaunted wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:30 pm
traveller123 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:46 pm Has anyone used and can recommend an agent to renew a UK passport.
Having gotten a couple of suggestions please tell us how did you do?
I contacted both companies Mots do not do UK passport renewals.
Key Visa told me I can walk into their office without an appointment during their office hours so I will go to see them when I return from the UK 10th June
Jun

Post by Jun »

traveller123 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:20 pm I will go to see them when I return from the UK 10th June
As you are in the UK, have you compared with the UK passport office fast track services ? There are at least a couple of options and these look cheaper than the Key Visa fees quoted above.

I guess you're going to tell me this invalidates your Thai visa, or some other such complication.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Jun wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:00 pm I guess you're going to tell me this invalidates your Thai visa, or some other such complication.
I had no such problem when I got a new passport in England (this was, bowever, 8 years ago).

Although the old passport is cancelled, the visa in it is still valid. You present both to immigration on arrival and they stamp you in on the new one. Once you are in country you can visit your local immigration office and get the visa stamps transferred.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

Jun wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:00 pm
traveller123 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:20 pm I will go to see them when I return from the UK 10th June
As you are in the UK, have you compared with the UK passport office fast track services ? There are at least a couple of options and these look cheaper than the Key Visa fees quoted above.

I guess you're going to tell me this invalidates your Thai visa, or some other such complication.
You won't be surprised to hear that I have made about a dozen attempts to book a fast track appointment each time being told none are currently available but thanks for the suggestion
Ruthrieston

Post by Ruthrieston »

I used Keyvisa to renew my UK passport two years ago. The cost was 5,000 Baht and the service was excellent. The only downside was that covid had started and that delayed the process as restrictions hit.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Ruthrieston wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:01 am I used Keyvisa to renew my UK passport two years ago. The cost was 5,000 Baht and the service was excellent. The only downside was that covid had started and that delayed the process as restrictions hit.
The price at Key Visa is 10,000 to renew a U.S. Visa and 15,000 to renew a U.K. Visa now.