The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by gerefan »

Rocket wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:42 am The irony for me is I sold my view Taley condo because it was boring and kept my unit near Sunee plaza. Now I’m going to sell that one.
Interesting! I have stayed next to Sunee Plaza on regular holidays since 2004.

This trip I decided to stay in one of the View Talay blocks next to Jomtien Complex because I thought Sunee was getting too boring!
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

My condo is UNIXX, not right at Sunee, but in walking distance. I rent now at Arcadia Beach, which is halfway between Sunee and jomtien complex. About a five minute walk to baht bus.

It’s only 11,000 a month and has six pools, only a few years old. I see many local Thais staying there because it’s cheap.They probably pay less. I hooked up with a few twinks I met just walking around there. Jomtien during the day bores me, as I prefer the restaurants in Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:34 am I hooked up with a few twinks I met just walking around there.
I'm glad you posted that. For years I have been saying the go-go bars, beer bars, and even the apps are not the only ways to meet boys in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand - even the boondocks. I'm happy to see that happened for you. For me, that's my preferred way to meet boys and quite often, even at my age, it works - and they're not always looking for money. I've had times when I (tactfully) offered money, but the boy refused it.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:19 am I'm glad you posted that. For years I have been saying the go-go bars, beer bars, and even the apps are not the only ways to meet boys in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand...
I started drifting away from the money-boy venues when things started spiraling downhill years ago (well before Covid) ...connected with my "Boy Special" who had never stepped foot in a bar in his life, and have ZERO regrets.

I'm not saying that being in a relationship is by-any-means the only way to go, because it's not - "different strokes for different folks". But from all that I've seen and experienced in LaLa Land over the years, the farther away you get from the pay-as-you-go venues (including the apps) the better your chances are of meeting truly nice guys, who are just as hungry for fun, sex, and meaningful companionship as you are, regardless of your age.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I agree with every word Dodger wrote above - and I am very happy for him that his relationship works so well, both for him and "Boy Special".
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 am
Gaybutton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:19 am I'm glad you posted that. For years I have been saying the go-go bars, beer bars, and even the apps are not the only ways to meet boys in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand...
I started drifting away from the money-boy venues when things started spiraling downhill years ago (well before Covid) ...connected with my "Boy Special" who had never stepped foot in a bar in his life, and have ZERO regrets.

I'm not saying that being in a relationship is by-any-means the only way to go, because it's not - "different strokes for different folks". But from all that I've seen and experienced in LaLa Land over the years, the farther away you get from the pay-as-you-go venues (including the apps) the better your chances are of meeting truly nice guys, who are just as hungry for fun, sex, and meaningful companionship as you are, regardless of your age.

I prefer renting by the hour, if I had to look at the same “boy special” day after day if he worked on sewing machine I don’t know which would go out the window first, surely it wouldn’t be the sewing machine :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Some prefer it like that. Keeps it exciting. I’m happy for Dodger and his steady guy.

I split it up. For three months I’ll butterfly and the last three I have my regular. We have a nice routine going. I pay him well when we’re together. But he gets bored and usually goes home to Udon for about ten days. I don’t blame him. Then when I’m home , back in USA, he asks for money. I offer a small amount and he says, not enough. So I send him nothing. Same status quo, like USA policy with Taiwan, Taiwan is independent, but owned by China.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:18 pm But he gets bored and usually goes home to Udon for about ten days.
Just out of curiosity, does he ever invite you to go with him?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:49 pm I prefer renting by the hour......
And all this time I thought you thrived on "Romance"...:lol:
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:40 pm
Rocket wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:18 pm But he gets bored and usually goes home to Udon for about ten days.
Just out of curiosity, does he ever invite you to go with him?
The first couple of years he did invite me. But he stayed with me in Pattaya because I don’t like traveling and I told him so. We would have to fly and I like staying put where I am. We’ve been seeing each other for six years and now he doesn’t ask me.

I think he doesn’t ask me because we do need a short break from each other. The first couple of years he would ask me if I wanted to talk to his mother on his phone. I declined that as she probably couldn’t understand me and it would reinforce that I’m his benefactor or something.

His father died when he was young and I asked him if I could be his daddy. He seemed to get mad at that and said no! Ha ha.