chinese deadly coronavirus

Anything and everything about Thailand
gera

chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by gera »

It is coming to Thailand. Spread from human to human. No cure. High mortality rate. Long incubation period. Respiratory transmission. With coming Chinese New Year and millions coming to Thailand, it is a huge disaster in the making. Though they check tempreture upon arrival in BKK, Chiang Mai and Phuket, it will not stop it, since the person may look perfectly ok due to a long incubation period. All travel in and out of China should be banned immediately but it is not going to happen.
Gaybutton

Re: chinese deadly coronavirus

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 pm it is not going to happen.
Thailand is not the only country where potentially infected Chinese people go. Someone coming in from another country who was infected could bring it to Thailand just as easily - if it isn't in Thailand already.

I think it is inevitable this disease will reach Thailand. I just hope by the time it does, the medical people will have figured out how to effectively deal with it.

The air pollution might kill us all anyway before this disease does . . .

See: https://us.cnn.com/2020/01/21/asia/chin ... index.html
Jun

Post by Jun »

gera wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 pm All travel in and out of China should be banned immediately but it is not going to happen.
Assuming the disease is severe enough for that:

1 Only China can quickly ban all travel in and out of China. Unlikely to happen.

2 Any other country on the planet could ban all incoming travel. Unlikely to happen.

3 If you feel really at risk, you could buy 6 months food and isolate yourself at home.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 pm If you feel really at risk, you could buy 6 months food and isolate yourself at home.
You know who in Thailand is most likely to end up infected by Chinese tourists - at least some of the first ones infected? The Thai bus drivers hauling around the Chinese tourists.
gera

Post by gera »

There are first cases of virus in Thailand and United States. In both cases people traveled from China.It is obvious to me that there are thousands of people sick in China, that decease is highly contagious and Chinese are lying as usual about the scale of the disaster. It is quite obvious to me that all travel in and out of China should be banned.
gera

Post by gera »

Russian tv reports that in connection with coronovirus China is planning to ban foreign tourists to enter China. What a fucking logic? Nevertheless, it confirms that situation is EXTREMELY SERIOUS.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Apparently, the virus can be transmitted by touching or shaking hands with a person that has the virus, or making contact with a surface or object that has the virus and then touching your nose, eyes, or mouth.

Avoiding contact should not be too difficult for most.

I never come into direct contact with any Chinese tourists, nor do I frequent any of the hotels or restaurants where they flock while on tour. The only caution I give myself is at the open street markets where the Chinese go. Similar to the Thais, they have a habit of touching every single food item available for sale before making their selection, which will now throw up a "red flag".

I can't always differentiate between the Chinese and other Asian's, but my boyfriend can spot them from a mile away. Fortunately, he does most of the market shopping.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:16 pm I never come into direct contact with any Chinese tourists, nor do I frequent any of the hotels or restaurants where they flock while on tour.
What you don't seem to be taking into consideration is coming into direct contact with other people who have had direct contact with Chinese tourists and, perhaps without yet realizing it, now have picked up the disease themselves.

And don't forget - people other than Chinese may be coming to Thailand who also have the disease and got it somewhere other than China.

In other words, apparently it is now at least somewhat unsafe to come into personal contact with anybody. And if this disease is airborne, now you can really start laughing.
Jun

Post by Jun »

If the next boy you off has been previously been offed by an infected Chinese tourist, I imagine that is more than sufficient to transmit the virus.

For now, I carry on as normal.
Jun

Post by Jun »

rocket wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 pm I hate all these cats running around Pattaya.
I personally hate all the dogs. Generally they cr*p anywhere and some of them are aggressive. A mass cull would help. Cart all the strays off to Vietnam. (Those with an irrational preference for dogs might protest even though they eat meat from other far nicer animals.)

As for putting chopsticks in food, Asian culture seems to often require a range of dishes in the middle of the table, sometimes just taken with chopsticks. I suspect the risk of you getting the virus like this is small.