How Do You Feel When This Happens?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dimsumbear

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens?

Post by Dimsumbear »

Essentially it is all one big Disneyland, for adults only. The day will come and even the longest LT will come to an end. Don't be fooled by the smile, it's that prince - now king - in your pocket that they want
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I was in a Bangkok bar with a farang friend. I choose one from the stage and moved to a higher seat behind my farang friend. My farang friend had a regular here and asked abut him, he was in the show. When the show finished the boy returned to another customer where he already had an open drink.

The mamasan asked my farang friend if he wanted the boy and he said yes, when he's free. I saw the mamasan talked to the customer sitting with the boy and then returned to my farang friend and asked him if he wanted to off this boy, yes, when free. The mamasan goes back to customer one, more conversation and returned to my farang friend, are you going to off him? Yes, when/if he's free. Back to customer one and I guess whom I assume also wanted to off the boy and offered 1000B for ST. Back to my friend and the manasan said how much you pay ST?, 1500. Back to customer one and I see him shaking his head and seemed annoyed and left. The mamasan then took the boy to my friend who was not totally aware of what was going on.

This was done all so discreetly I would not have noticed it if I did not have a good vantage point and the boy sitting with me was telling me what was going on. The boy with me said he's a popular boy, has many customers and this goes on most nights. One time there were three customers involved in the negotiations.

I've never been in the customer one position but it would annoy me enough not to return to a bar if it happen to me. As as regular customer who lives here, they know it and I think they would not play that game with me and loose my business. I think. Actually, I'm treated quite well in the Bangkok and Pattaya bars that I frequent.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:49 am they are in business to make money.
Every business is there to make money. That doesn't mean they get to mistreat their customers in order to do it.

Again, for me the issue probably wouldn't be that I am asked to let the boy go with the person who wants to take him off. For me the issue would be who asked me and the manner by which I was asked.

And if some mama-san is the one who asks, she should offer to let me ask another boy to sit with me and the first "drink for boy" is free. If they want to interfere with me, then they ought to at least offer some sort of compensation for it. Of course, in a Thai bar that will never happen. Come to think of it, a similar offer ought to be made by the person who wants to immediately take the boy who is sitting with me.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Many of the annoying tip demanding mamasans from soi Twilight bars have been culled out when they moved over to PP2.

The most annoying and tip demanding one was in Sunee at Power Boys or Nice Boys. A tom-boy that demanded money and would not leave or stop until you left and then she would follow you on the street yelling obscenities in Thai. Many Pattaya residents know who I'm talking about. I was told that she is family to the owner. She kept me from going back for years but is long gone now.

There's a matronly non smiling waitress at Continental Bakery in Jomtiem that gives you their 20 page menu book and then taps on it seconds latter for you to order, now! I'm waiting for someone, no, and more tapping on the table. I see her doing the same with other customers. She does not appear to get along with the other waitress. Another customer told me she's family. The owner can't do anything with her, she's a family obligation. She, however, never gets the order wrong or forgets something.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:57 pm The most annoying and tip demanding one was in Sunee at Power Boys or Nice Boys. A tom-boy that demanded money and would not leave or stop until you left and then she would follow you on the street yelling obscenities in Thai. Many Pattaya residents know who I'm talking about. I was told that she is family to the owner. She kept me from going back for years but is long gone now.
Yes the tomboy was a beast but it is long gone, it was the mamasan at Power Boys before it was Power Boys....I forgot the name of the previous bar. There was another horrible mamasan worked years ago at Gentleman’s Club.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

I thought the convention was if the customer pays for a drink for a boy, the customer is effectively renting the services of the boy for a period, during which he may chat to the boy and discuss an off.
So for the Mamasan to start auctioning the boy off to the highest bidder is not good & I would take my business elsewhere in future, as long as other bars provide a good selection of boys.
I suppose it starts to get into a grey area if a customer has been sat with a boy for a long time & has not bought a second drink. Eventually it reaches the point where the boy leaving or discussing another off becomes reasonable. One drink does not rent a boy all night.

I guess they could go all the way and have an open auction for their star boys, although it does violate the rule that whatever is illegal should be done discretely.

As for the Tom Boy mamasan, who I believe was in Mic My/Power Boys, well I had a severe dislike for that one. However I did manage to get the relationship off to the level where we exchanged scowls and it mostly left me alone whilst in the bar.

Also, some hints about the identity of the offending BKK bar would be good. No doubt some of us will visit the bar in the next few months, so it's always good to know about their business practices.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 am I think it depends on your point of view and experience.
Not only do I agree with you, but this a very serious policy taught to the boys by their mamasans the very first night they show up for work. When a customer flags a boy off stage to buy him a drink, the boy is to remain by the customers side until the customer departs, or takes him off. If another customer wants to spend time with the same boy. he has the choice of either waiting to see if the boy will be free later in the evening, or come back another night to try his luck. Another option the bar provides the boy, is when a customer has made previous arrangements to meet the boy at the bar to take him off, and the boy agrees, the boy can then stay in his street clothes after arriving at work until his customer arrives. This way the boy is not making himself available to other customers which has always worked well.

I have seen situations over the years where farang try to circumvent this policy which is usually (not always) handled appropriately by the mamasan. There are also cases where a boy will simply leave a farang's side on his own free will to sit with a better tipping customer which is also taboo. Boys who do this usually don't stay on the scene very long.

Boy bar etiquette involves customers being aware of this policy and handling themselves in a mature manner.

I've never had this happen to me, but if I did, I would never buy the boy another drink, and I believe I would be inclined to carry my bar bin over to the inconsiderate farang and ask him to pay it.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

This is a hard discussion to determine the fair answer IMHO. Yes I want the bar to survive and when I pay up to 500 baht for a drink and yes I know a show, then I feel I have done my part for the Bar. In my case the drink is a soda on which the mark up can easily be 800%. So at that point I feel I REALLY have done my part for the Bar.

Now I want to do my part for the BOY. There was a time when I would buy the boy a drink but over time I decided the boy wanted money rather than a water downed drink and I would ask the boy if he wanted drink or baht. Naturally the answer was almost always baht. Now in my mind I know how much I will tip the boy and it will vary according to the length of time , the city and the type of Bar, but at a minimum of 100 baht for a very short stay. Thus I do not feel I own the boy and if mamasan came over and asked if I was going to off the boy , I would either confirm I will off the boy or discreetly hand him folded money and send him on his way.

Of course in a Host Bar such as many used to exist in Sunee and Jomtien now etc , things are different. The drinks are cheap enough I am happy to buy a drink for myself and boy and see how the chat goes. Often some food would have been bought and in most cases the Bar and the Boys and even the owners know the returning customers.

Now if I was a customer who rarely offed a boy but sits and fondles the boy for a long time for the price of a drink , then I would hope a smart a mamasan would rescue the boy so he could earn the money to pay his rent or send some to mama from a customer who intends to off him.

Not saying my way is the right way but it is my way.
a447

Post by a447 »

These days my regular guy spends all his time with me, but in earlier times I would go to Eros and pay the off fee and let him continue working until it was time for us to go. That way, he could earn drink tips.

The only condition was that he could not cum while in the bar.

After a while he decided he'd rather not stay in the bar and from that time on, we spend all our time together.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:08 pm I believe I would be inclined to carry my bar bin over to the inconsiderate farang and ask him to pay it.
I like that idea. If he actually pays it, he gets the boy. If not, then tell him he'll just have to wait if he wants this boy or he'll have to find another boy. To me, someone actually trying to take the boy I'm sitting with is rude, crass, inconsiderate, and selfish - so he can just fuck off!!!