How Do You Feel When This Happens?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: How Do You Feel When This Happens?

Post by Dodger »

firecat69 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 am Anyone who has lived in Thailand including myself can come up with numerous boys who stayed with their farang BF even when the BF suffered sickness or money problems . I can think of a number of boys who were offered long trips and extras etc but they refused because they had a farang BF. I would be willing to bet that a few other long time residents or visitors could come up with similar stories.
You would win your bet.

My current partner is as honest and sincere as they come, and has never shown the slightest indication of being anything but that.

He would have a lot more money if he was selling his ass on the working scene versus partnering with me, but money is apparently not the driving force behind his personal aspirations. He stayed by my side and took care of me on two occasions when I was hospitalized. Once during (and after) major eye surgery I had about 5 years ago, and again when I had leg surgery 2 years ago, where he had to cook all the meals and tend to my every need (yes, even that) during a 3 week recovery period. I wouldn't have trusted anyone more than him.

This thread "How Do You Feel When This Happens" is a good reminder for me. The last thing I have to worry about is having to wait for him to finish a drink with a customer. Hell, he doesn't even drink.

I've met many Thai boys with similar qualities. There will inevitably be some real scoundrels in the mix on the working scene, but the vast majority are decent guys.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

To answer the OP: I shrug it off, quietly congratulate the other customer on his choice and wish him as good a time as I had with the boy, and come back for the boy another day, or online.

To answer firecat and Dodger: My judgement of Thai character is based on my experience, and in agreement with experiences of most of my friends. You could argue that the Farang I meet regularly are friends because we have similar opinions about Thais, and our chats is like echo chamber.

But I'm always open to hear other's opposing views, in fact I enjoy that because it widens my horizon.

I know Thais who are honest and loyal and not after my money, but the majority are not.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

How many more times do I have to make it clear that I will NOT tolerate these posts getting personal with each other? I am not going to have it and I'm getting really tired of people who know it just going ahead and doing it anyway.

I am not going to warn that if there any more, they will be deleted. Instead, this time I just deleted them. And for those who had not seen the posts, there were more than one.

If yours was among those deleted, feel free to re-post and make your point without getting personal.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Back to the OP's original question:

"You have offed a boy before from a gogo whom was special (at least to you) you return and he is with another farang whom after a few drinks leaves with your “special boy”?

This thread went off course from the very beginning, where some posters starting defending the action of a boy deserting his existing customer to go with another customer who wants to off them, which really isn't what the OP is asking. His question, the way I interpret it, relates to your emotional feelings when your boy special leaves the bar with another farang, and not so much about, should you, or shouldn't you, try to swipe the boy from the other customer.

In an attempt to provide a more direct answer to this question; When this happened to me (hundreds of times) I almost always got a lump in my throat and felt a bit hurt, even with the full knowledge that the boys are there simply to make money, and selling their bodies to the first comer is the way they accomplish this. When I linked up with a boy that I REALLY LIKED, who I commonly dubbed as a "Boy Special", I had a tendency to take him off for the duration of my holiday to enjoy being with him, and also avoid the bar games we're talking about.