Treat yourself to Business Class

Anything and everything about Thailand
firecat69

Re: Treat yourself to Business Class

Post by firecat69 »

Really nothing there. Naturally if you don't show up for your initial flight , the whole flight is cancelled . Of course that is why they have cheap trip insurance . You just need good family Dr. to verify you were sick. There is nothing in the article about not using your return ticket because of course it is none of the airlines business and they have already profited from you purchasing a RT ticket.

I find it hard to believe that in todays world there are very many Hidden City Fares but of course , I can only speak for flights in the US. For all the talk about the magic of Airline Reservation Computers , I have never experienced it. Many times I bought a 1 way ticket from US to BKK . About 1/3 of the time I would be asked for proof of an onward flight within the 30 days I was allowed . I think already mentioned that I always had a reservation that I cancelled but they always accepted the printed reservation.

I have to wonder though just how much money we are talking about on these hidden city fares? Hardly worth the risk I would guess. The only time I noticed those in the US , was when the airline had added a new city for service and were offering promotional fares . Can't remember the last time I saw the announcement of a new city for an airline in the US
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

"Hidden city" fares are very common in Europe. The last time I took BA was to Chicago in 2015. I happened to be in Leipzig beforehand and so found a very good fare from Berlin back to Berlin via LHR for around US$550. As I was returning to Germany that made sense. I then checked LHR to Chicago return on exactly the same days and exactly the same two transatlantic flights. The cheapest fare was around $850! I believe many passengers take cheap fares to another country and then get their transatlantic tickets from there. I am not sure if the same is true for travelling to Asia.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

For years there was gigantic difference between LosAngeles to BKK and any other departure point. Since for some inane reason all flights in the US went West to Asia and still do even though mileage is shorter from East Coast , it was cheaper to buy separate ticket to Los Angeles and then your International Ticket to your Asian destination. Once all the ARAB countries got into the airline business , some cities had flights to DOHA etc and continuing on to Asia. For the most part the fares were still cheaper from LosAngeles even when adding the cost of a RT ticket from the East Coast to Los Angeles.

Now the fares are competitive from the East Coast and it would make little sense to fly to LosAngeles first unless you had a particular airline you use. Of course the fact that the newer airplanes can stay in the air for 17 + hours has made some of these routes more possible.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

The front seat in a van is the most comfortable (more leg room, view). I prefer other ways of travel, but many routes are only served by vans. In such case, I ask to get the front seat, and often get it.