Club in Boystown

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Club in Boystown

Post by Jun »

Winner Boys seem to be a mixture of cute adorable twinks and others who eat too much.
The cute ones seem to get invited to sit with customers more frequently, so first impressions based on who is left on stage are not so good.

Anyhow, my next guest has a flower in his hair on the phone app. Thankfully, he's allowed to see me without prior approval by Undaunted. ;)
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Something to definitely prevent an erection!

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted's ideal man

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

He would be ideal:

Jun

Post by Jun »

My lad arrived with 2 small earrings, lipstick and neatly cropped short black hair. Skinny, with no excess fat and a little muscle. Impressively hard too, considering his partner.

As presented, he would probably fail to meet Undaunted's standards. If he spent 5 minutes removing lipstick and earrings, followed by adding an army issue uniform, we might get a different answer.
Probably much closer to the "ideal" example above than anything I have seen in Nice Boys in the last 3 years.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:07 pm Probably much closer to the "ideal" example above than anything I have seen in Nice Boys in the last 3 years.
On this I must agree. Nice Boys as of late continues to be a huge disappointment.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm On this I must agree. Nice Boys as of late continues to be a huge disappointment.
The entire gogo bar scene is not what it was.

Power Boys had about 6 on stage. A couple of fatties, a couple who really should sue the tatto parlour, one a bit too hairy and masculine and a slim one with small breasts, adopting an unflattering slouched pose. If these were the only boys in town, I would have to take the one with breasts.

Winner Boys, is for my tastes considerably better. This is the only bar that might benefit from turning UP the music, since it was quieter than Starbucks and could benefit from a little more life.

I haven't ventured in Nice Boys yet, having not seen anything I like there for a few years.

A few days back I had a cold, so decided it was best not to take a boy for a couple of days. I wandered down towards Walking Street and actually visited a couple of the straight gogo bars for the first time in over a decade of visiting Pattaya.
For a 80-110 baht draft beer, the punters can get to see perhaps half of the dancers fully nude and the other half in mini skirts, with nothing underneath. Stages were high, with some of the seats at the stage.

One of the bars was playing Thai music which seemed to go down well with the staff, as the dancing was quite lively and they actually appeared to be enjoying dancing.
The customers seemed to be almost entirely western, Chinese and probably a few Japanese. No Indian or Arabs.

What to copy ?
I would suggest the gay bars might like to play more Thai music that the boys like and inject some life into the proceedings on stage. If the staff enjoy the music and dance, the customers probably enjoy the visit more.
Also, if they have full on nudity in girly bars, why has it been killed off in all the boy bars ? Logically, if the customers get to see more in a gogo bar than on the beach, there is more reason to visit. Do the straight bars simply have more revenue to pay off the authorities ?

So far, on this trip over 70% of the boys I've met were via phone apps. The gogo bars need to raise their game.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:01 pm The gogo bars need to raise their game.
How can they? The only way to attract more boys and in the opinions of many, better looking boys, would be to pay them a wage that makes it worthwhile to them to work in the bars. But with the current lack of customers, the bar boys are likely freelancing and may not actually being paid a wage at all.

In Pattaya the go-go bars are barely holding their own. The only one I know of getting a good number of customers is Winner Bar. I have a feeling you'll have better luck finding bar boys on the apps, the beer bars, and probably Jomtien Complex. These days, if you're going to rely on the Pattaya go-go bars, you'll need to be prepared to take what you can get.
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:38 pm Something to definitely prevent an erection!

Just cover the head when ravaging his slim and lean body and appendages.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Jun wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:01 pm The gogo bars need to raise their game.
How can they? The only way to attract more boys and in the opinions of many, better looking boys, would be to pay them a wage that makes it worthwhile to them to work in the bars. But with the current lack of customers, the bar boys are likely freelancing and may not actually being paid a wage at all.

In Pattaya the go-go bars are barely holding their own. The only one I know of getting a good number of customers is Winner Bar. I have a feeling you'll have better luck finding bar boys on the apps, the beer bars, and probably Jomtien Complex. These days, if you're going to rely on the Pattaya go-go bars, you'll need to be prepared to take what you can get.
I AM mostly finding my boys on the apps so far.

As for the gogo bars, I would like to see them survive. To do that, there needs to be a reason for customers to visit and spend money.
Stopping slouching and getting some movement from the boys on stage requires just a little management, not large sums of money.
Getting better looking boys requires more effort and possibly expense. There are some good selections in Bangkok, but of course the drinks are at least 350 there. Winner Boys seems to manage a selection that's good to some of our tastes and drinks are cheap.

Then they need to offer some fun and vary the formula.