Planet Romeo closing their "Classic" site

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Planet Romeo closing their "Classic" site

Post by Gaybutton »

Planet Romeo has published an announcement they are closing their "classic" site in favor of their newer site. They didn't say exactly when the classic site will close, but soon.

I'm disappointed because I much prefer the format of their classic site. I dislike their newer site, but soon there will be no choice - either use their newer site or do without Planet Romeo.

As Walter Cronkite used to say at the close of his news broadcast, "And that's the way it is."

Here is their message:
Planet Romeo wrote:We would like to let you know that we will close our old Classic Website in the coming days.

Like many of our users we have mixed feelings about this day. Shutting down Classic will remove some limitations and allow us to focus on continuing to develop new things.

However, we understand that there are still some people who prefer using Classic, and we know that this change will be a bit difficult. We would be delighted if you continued to be active on ROMEO. At the very least, we hope you understand.
Jun

Re: Planet Romeo closing their "Classic" site

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 pm I'm disappointed because I much prefer the format of their classic site. I dislike their newer site, but soon there will be no choice - either use their newer site or do without Planet Romeo.
Whilst I also prefer their classic site, their phone app is OK.

My problem is not one of being forced to use the new site, but being forced over to Grindr or Hornet as that's where the boys are.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

IMO they are making a terminal mistake.
The “new” Planet Romeo is not fit for purpose.
pong

Post by pong »

Apparently not-figures they have. And just look around: certainly here in Asia any+everyone only uses their phone for that. But as such I agree that used to big screens on desk and now laptops it's not big fun.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

It will probably make no difference but anyone disagreeing with the closure of Classic should say so on Planet Romeo's Help and Service/Send us your wish. or improvement
There are a couple of threads open but they are not attracting streams of comment
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:05 pm
My problem is not one of being forced to use the new site, but being forced over to Grindr or Hornet as that's where the boys are.
I would say the largest amount of boys in Pattaya are on Blued nowadays.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:48 pm I would say the largest amount of boys in Pattaya are on Blued nowadays.
For me that doesn't matter. Large numbers or small numbers, I look at all the gay hookup apps. Whichever app has the boy who most appeals to me, that's the best app - that day . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

I'm sure you could hook your phone up to Wi-Fi and use their nice app.

To be honest the big risk here is the long term demise of Planet Romeo as the other phone apps eat its lunch. That would be a shame, as Planet Romeo has by far the best functionality on the free app. More filters and more photos. Also, no restrictions on the number of profiles I can view. It's possible to filter for Asian & under 24, then browse everyone on the entire planet within that category.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm Today Planet Romeo closed their "classic" site. Now only their new site is available.
Well, I also hate change for the sake of it. To the extent that I still pay with cash almost everywhere and follow other 20th century practices.
However, the Planet Romeo phone app is one of the best. In the last couple of years, I only used their desktop site to do things like deleting favourites, once I was past my quota. I hope this can be done another way.
I imagine we will all get on fine without Classic.

Which reminds me, I also got along just fine now Classic Boys Bangkok is closed, without a second thought until now. The first gogo bar I ever visited and the first on almost every subsequent trip.

As long as there is a reasonable alternative, we can adapt.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today Planet Romeo closed their "classic" site. Now only their new site is available.

"They finally really did it."

Planet Romeo's message:
Planet Romeo wrote:Farewell Classic - Welcome New ROMEO

We would like to inform you that we have shut down Classic, and would like to welcome you on our new website www.planetromeo.com.

Once you have logged in you will find your profile, contacts and saved messages from the classic version all there. You can search for Romeo's by distance in the Search Filter or by region/city using the Travel feature. If there are other features you cannot find we have a list of FAQ’s for your most important questions, or you can also contact our support team.

Again, we'd like to ask you for your understanding for the shutdown and offer our apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, there was no way around it.

Best wishes

Your ROMEO Team