Construction at the old Bondi at Dong Tan

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Construction at the old Bondi at Dong Tan

Post by Gaybutton »

mahjongguy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:48 am Note to seniors: watch those steps!
I'm hoping to survive long enough to become a little more senior before my time comes. My mountaineering days are over. There would have to be something very special at the summit to get me to start climbing. I can't imagine what that could be on the second or third floor of a 7-Eleven.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Only an escalator will reveal all.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

We'll see. They'll be open in a few days.
Jun

Post by Jun »

mahjongguy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:48 amThe intriguing part of this new shop is the upstairs cafe. Note to seniors: watch those steps!
I hope they offer some decent coffee.

I recently made the error of purchasing a 7-Eleven coffee in Mae Sot prior to a bus trip. It was terrible.
Although I notice other 7-Elevens have a different house brand for the coffee.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Trongpai wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:16 pm
You were correct. I'll be dammed a 7-11 next to another 7-11 around the corner. Three floors?
What I have heard, and have some reason to believe in a couple of instances in CM, is that 7-11 have two business models. Some stores are wholly owned by CP, some are franchises.
And that, if a franchise is too successful, then a wholly owned branch opens just around the corner.
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

I hope they'll have a bigger section for fruits. Once I was lucky to pick up a bag of crunchy Washington red apples at the corner store. I'm looking forward to some delicious Ambrosia apples when in season. Their bananas are generally ok, and very occasionally I wish they were bigger and firmer. Otherwise I would have to go to Central Festival for my supply of fresh fruits.
If they set up massage chairs upstairs, I wouldn't mind climbing to the upper floor for a proper foot massage.
Jun

Post by Jun »

https://www.cpall.co.th/en/about-us/our ... -services/

"7-Eleven is a one-stop convenient store that offers fresh and a wide variety of products, ready-to-eat meals, and beverages. The Company has 10,268 branches of the 7-Eleven franchise, broken down into 4,556 franchises in the Bangkok Metropolitan Region (44%) and 5,712 franchises in provincial areas of Thailand (56%). Stores are clustered into 3 types: Company Stores (44%), Store Business Partner (49%), and Sub-Area License Stores (7%). There is currently an average of 11.8 million customers entering 7-Eleven stores daily".
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

New (Another) 7/11 open today opposite police station Dongtan Beach Jomtien nice little coffee shop with balcony on the top floor One thing made me laugh is there is another on the corner 50 yards away...

Formerly The Bondi Hotel

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:57 am coffee shop with balcony on the top floor One thing made me laugh is there is another on the corner 50 yards away...
I've seen many 7-Elevens even closer together than that - sometimes even measurable in feet rather than yards.

I, for one, would not start climbing flights of stairs to go to a coffee shop, but from your photo apparently some people do. In any case, if any of you decide to try it, I'll have to take your word for whatever you have to say about it 'cause I ain't goin'.