A good idea or a bad one? What do YOU think?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: A good idea or a bad one? What do YOU think?

Post by Dodger »

I know the love shacks that are scattered across Thailand cater mostly to Thais, although will service a farng as well with no problem.

I stayed for 2 nights at one located in Kalasin once only because the rooms cost 500 baht/night, and no sooner than my backpack hit the bed there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to see a fairly attractive Thai girl standing there smiling. She asked me if I was alone. I said yes. She then asked me if I wanted company to "take care". I returned the smile, and said no thank you. I then asked her if she knew of any places around town where "boys" hung out. Without flinching, she said she could bring a boy to my room. I somewhat regret declining the offer.

These love shacks are a bit different from fully staffed brothels, because the majority of customers are Thai men who use these places to have sex with their girlfriends - transparent from their wives who are back in the village. If they haven't prearranged to meet a girl at one of these places, the management can usually arrange to have a girl(s) come to their rooms for a small fee.
ceejay

Re: A good idea or a bad one? What do YOU think?

Post by ceejay »

You are right about "curtain hotels", Dodger. Not all of them are just "shacks" you know. This place is pretty central (quite close to the Night Bazaar in Chiang Mai) and has some pretty exotic (or should that be erotic?) rooms - starting at 180 baht for the first hour and 70 baht for subsequent hours.
http://www.amadaresorts.com/
If anyone here should use this place, do not go into any karaoke bar in or near Chianmailand, and do not let a tuk-tuk driver take you to one - because they are
1) Staffed with girls and
2) Serious rip off joints with bills in the tens of thousands, presented to you by goons and with the street door locked. It's no use calling the police either - I leave you to guess why.