GUYs in jeans are not???

Anything and everything about Thailand
pong

GUYs in jeans are not???

Post by pong »

One is never too old to learn and this comes from Christian's latest blogs, in which he visited Pattaya. In one of the gogobars in Boyztown he was a bit disappointed that most guys were in jeans and then after telling this he got the answer; Of course, they are not gay!

Is this really so or is this a Pattaya rule or simply something that this bar does to have some implicit signs for enquiring customers? Has anyone of you heard this before? Of course, I am very well used to the fact that many guys are gay-for-pay (perhaps a tiny bit less so in Pattaya with its crowds of young twinky girlish boys) but had never heard it this way. And yes, I also know that for most Thais 'gay' means you bottom.
Trongpai

Re: GUYs in jeans are not???

Post by Trongpai »

Boyz Boyz Boyz I guess? I asked the same question and was told my the manager that is what the Chinese Prefer. If you stick around for the show you get to see a lot more of them. Then many (15-20) remove all their clothes and with a hat in hand move about the patrons for tips for touching. The non gay boys have no problem doing this!

In Bangkok there's three bars with the jeans on, Dream Boys, Moonlight and Jupiter. I asked again and was told at different bars that this is what the women want. Asian women out number Western men by a long shot as patrons of the gay Bangkok gogo bars and they do off the boys. In Jupiter and I think Moonlight they are presented on stage in underwear/speedos after midnight.

Moonlight presents their 'Model' boys one at at time in shorts or something skimpy but they do not get on stage with the regular boys before and after the show.

I've never been told they're on stage in jeans because they're not gay.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

The term 'gay' is confusing in Thailand "chop puchai" mean ' I like boys ' and can be top or bottom but the term gay sometimes mean a boy who is bottom ( sometimes they use the word 'Gathoi" for gay who is bottom or lady boy or feminine boy) ,so if a boy tells you he is not gay it doesn't mean necessarily that he is not gay but that he is actually gay (or bi-sexual )but can't bottom only top.if he tells you " mae chop puchai" that means "I don't like boys" that is a sign that he is straight.
To avoid misunderstanding it's better ask "chop puchai " ?

From my experience in Thailand sexual orientation there is very flexible and there isn't really 100 precent straight in Thailand and almost all of the males had at least one sex experience with other male they don't perceive sexual behaviour as in the western culture and are more sexualy open and courious , I met boys who are married with children and have a boy as a secret mistress or boys who have girlfriend but making sex with boys .
Jun

Post by Jun »

pong wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 pm Is this really so or is this a Pattaya rule or simply something that this bar does
At least 7 of the 9 gogo bars in Pattaya have boys in underwear. I don't patronize the remaining 2 (BBB and A Bomb).

I always thought that if I pay 200~400 baht for a drink which might cost 6~40 baht at a nearby 7-eleven, then most of the drink price is to cover the cost of cute lads in underwear on stage. A price I am prepared to pay, if the bar honours this deal.
If the the bar has boys in jeans, I will not be a customer. I might as well go to a host bar and buy 80 baht drinks.

Incidentally, I don't think Pattaya has strict rules on dress code in bars. About 5 minutes walk away, there are several gogo bars with totally nude staff on stage. Unfortunately, they are female.
Actually straight punters can pay 89~120 baht for a beer to watch nude ladies.
Gay punters can pay 79~250 baht to watch lads in underwear, or even more to watch them in jeans (note: I haven't personally been in BBB to verify drinks prices, but believe it's expensive)
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

BBB, Boystown, 390B for beer last week. Could be a little less for a soft drink?

I don't know if the Pattaya bars will price gouge for Chinese New Years but the Bangkok gogo's have in the past and there's some discussion ongoing now about pricing for this weekend. Pricing was at 350 then went to 400 min recently pretty much across the market.

Last year Dream Boys at the old location increased the price to 600 just for the Chinese New Years weekend. I don't think that will happen again as there's a different ownership/partnerships and marketing structure now.

Yes, lady gogo's have lower drink prices but off's called bar-fines are double or more compared to the gay bars.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Guys standing on a stage in jeans are usually str8, and as one poster has already mentioned, there are female customers who actually prefer seeing them in jeans versus underwear.

It must be my female hormones kicking in, but I also prefer jeans. I'm not talking about those relaxed fit farmer pants, but those low rise, snug fitting. faded, and worn looking jeans that cling to their legs like they've been spray painted on, highlighting every curve including his bulge. Much sexier than underwear if the right boy's wearing them.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The best dressed gogo boys that I have seen on this trip were in Fresh Boys Patpong. All white undies, in a thin material that didn't leave much to the imagination. None of this nonsense with 2 pairs of them either.

If I want to see boys in jeans, I can just go to the nearest shopping mall. Paying 390 baht just isn't going to happen.

Mind you, at least they have boys. Unlike New My Way in Chiang Mai. I made one visit after 23:00 and as there were 2 ladyboys screeching on stage, I left within about 10 seconds. I made a second visit just after 22:00, expecting to see boys on stage prior to the show. The stage was empty and a considerable number of young Asian customers were sat in the audience entertaining themselves with their phones. Presumably having bought 260 baht drinks for the privelige. I was told the show is at at 22:30. As you can guess, I left. Why pay 260 baht to wait 20 minutes for a show that has ladyboys ?

The visitors to straight gogo bars get in my view, a better deal.
We sometimes get jeans, sometimes boys trying to disguise themselves as women, boys in fat women suits and various other horrors. The best bars have small white undies, but never a line of totally naked lads showing their asses.

As far as I know, the straight gogo bars have girls varying from skimpy dresses to fully naked. I am not aware of straight bar customers being subject to naff shows or overdressed staff. But I am not an expert on the subject.
The gay gogo bars need to raise their game.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:40 pm The gay gogo bars need to raise their game.
There are very few GAY Gogo bars left nowadays!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

'My Way' in Chiang Mai does not use the line up on stage method but if you stayed you would have seen the presentation method. Each boy is presented by name one at a time in three rounds. First, fully dressed, then shirtless and finally in something skimpy. Some of the boys don't participate in the last round.

You don't see many of them before or after this presentation unless you have selected one to join you. The last time I was there a few months back there were about 15 boys of the masculine persuasion and what I would call high-end.

The short lived 'Rainbow Bar' at Jomtiem also used this presentation method. 'Moonlight', Bangkok, also uses a variation this method but just for the 'model' boys.

After midnight the' My Way' converts to the host keroke method/style. I don't get this format but local and Asian customers prefer this and they are in the majority now days. Some of the local bars in Bangkok like 'Kittune' have only this style. All of the lady Japanese only bars on Thanon Thaniya are keroke format. The staff dress format for all these bars are pretty much full clothing.

The days of the bars catering to the preferences of Western patrons is dead. Pattaya has some last vestiges of the cater to the farang bars but even that is dying out.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I prefer a more traditional line up with all the boys on stage. That way, I can take my time and compare them. Ideally including several skinny twinks.

My Way clearly doesn't do things my way..