Pattaya Pride 2020

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Pattaya Pride 2020

Post by Trongpai »

I received this on group Line:

The manger of Castro/Panorama announced last week that on 14 Feb 2020 from 2000hrs they will be putting out a free buffet. He said it will be the same as they had for the opening of the Panorama and that got pretty good reviews. He went on to say that there will be a "march" on second road from Boys Town to Central Festival on 15 Feb.He did not say what time. He then alluded to many Pride LGBTQ events on 14-16 Feb but was short on details.

Perhaps someone here has more information?

I can't make it to Pattaya that weekend. Perhaps someone here can and take some photos and give some reports?
Dodger

Re: Pattaya Pride 2020

Post by Dodger »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:36 pm I received this on group Line:

The manger of Castro/Panorama announced last week that on 14 Feb 2020 from 2000hrs they will be putting out a free buffet. He said it will be the same as they had for the opening of the Panorama and that got pretty good reviews. He went on to say that there will be a "march" on second road from Boys Town to Central Festival on 15 Feb.He did not say what time. He then alluded to many Pride LGBTQ events on 14-16 Feb but was short on details.

Perhaps someone here has more information?

I can't make it to Pattaya that weekend. Perhaps someone here can and take some photos and give some reports?
The balloon chasers must be in seventh heaven.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Thanks for posting that Trongpai, I don’t know when it was published, (yesterday?)
However 5 days notice is way too short....why don’t these people advertise events like his well in advance?
Let’s hope the attendance is good however.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:21 pm
Surely we know some that will be fasting before this event :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Excellent. I see no reason not to support the event!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:36 pm He went on to say that there will be a "march" on second road from Boys Town to Central Festival on 15 Feb.He did not say what time. He then alluded to many Pride LGBTQ events on 14-16 Feb but was short on details.
I will skip the feeding frenzy, but would put the march in my diary* if I knew what time.

*google calendar
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gerefan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:01 pm
Excellent. I see no reason not to support the event!

And every reason to support the business that is supplying the FREE FOOD :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm And every reason to support the business that is supplying the FREE FOOD :!:
Now I'd like you to explain what's wrong with that, since every time one of these events come up you can't wait to put it down and try to embarrass people into avoiding it.

If you don't like it, don't go. As for your put downs, I hope nobody gives a damn. I sure don't.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 am
Undaunted wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm And every reason to support the business that is supplying the FREE FOOD :!:
Now I'd like you to explain what's wrong with that, since every time one of these events come up you can't wait to put it down and try to embarrass people into avoiding it.

If you don't like it, don't go. As for your put downs, I hope nobody gives a damn. I sure don't.
I think you may be misinterpreting Undaunted's statements. He doesn't appear to be putting down the event...just poking fun at the balloon chasers.

The way I see it, there's a difference between regular patrons to a business who gather and enjoy complimentary meals, such as the one being discussed in this thread, and those who never provide their patronage unless there's something FREE to be had. I've been witnessing this for years and always walk away scratching my head.

I remember back when Corner Bar was hosting such an event which included a free buffet dinner for all guests. Being a regular at Corner I was there as well, but not for the free food, as I have a rule to never fuck up a hundred dollar drunk with a ten dollar meal, and in this case the cost was zero. Instead, I sat back and watched people (farang) drift into the bar who I literally hadn't seen since the last time a fee meal was hosted at Corner a year earlier. Not only did they just come for the free food, they gorged themselves on second and third helpings until there wasn't any food left for anyone else. If that's not bad enough, and I'm being dead serious, several of them were filling small plastic bags with fried chicken to take home. It was like watching those Chinese eating at that buffet that Undaunted linked us to.

I've known numerous bar owners in Boyztown & Sunee, who, over the years, have stated that they would love to host more events like this for the regular customers, but the Balloon Chasers ruin it for everyone. For the record, I've heard these exact comments from Kevin Quill (Throb/Splash), Beer & Mak (Kaos/now Nice Boys), Jack & Ralph (Memories Bar), Micheal, when he purchased Corner Bar from Gary years ago, and others.

I think it's great that patrons show up at these events to join the celebration, as well as show their patronage to the host(s) who have graciously shown their generosity, but, the type of people I'm describing (Balloon Chasers) belong in a category all their own.

As far as I'm concerned, a person with an ounce of class would know how to handle himself better.
ChrisUK

Post by ChrisUK »

Received via Facebook yesterday:

Sanook; just want to have fun in the sun