Pattaya Pride 2020

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

Re: Pattaya Pride 2020

Post by SP55 »

There was indeed a parade. I had to walk around all over the city to find it but eventually did. The little info on the internet about this event had contradictory route and starting point. However I found the parade about 16:45 passing Central festival on Second road. I have no idea where they started, but ended at the stage in front of Central on Beach road.
All boys from bars I had asked had no info before the event too. I noticed that I did not recognize any person in the parade.

This is the same as last year (or was it two years ago?) when there were rumours about an upcoming prideparade. No one I know, farangs or barboys, had any idea about it.

I think the reason is because this seems to be more of a corporate event. The paraders marched in columns behind banners of their businesses, like the big discos Hollywood and G Star. In any case, people in the parade and spectators were happy and looked like they enjoyed the event.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

gerefan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:00 pm Thanks for posting that Trongpai, I don’t know when it was published, (yesterday?)
However 5 days notice is way too short....why don’t these people advertise events like his well in advance?
Let’s hope the attendance is good however.
Thought so....
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 pm There were indeed a parade. I had to walk around all over the city to find it but eventually did. The little info on the internet about this event had contradictory route and starting point. However I found the parade about 16:45 passing Central festival on Second road.
A stealth parade. Gay pride, but don't tell anyone where!

I was around the front of Central at that time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Seems to me the most accurate word to describe the planning, advertising, and the event itself - botched.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:12 am Seems to me the most accurate word to describe the planning, advertising, and the event itself - botched.
I can only say that I would never hire the person who is in charge of this events PR and advertising, whoever that might be...

There are several photos from the event on Facebook from the page "Gay bars in Pattaya".
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

It's my understanding that the delay in making announcements was due to the powers in city hall not issuing a parade permit until the last minute. This was a problem when Bangkok had Pride too.

This event was advertised on social media (facebook, Line etc.) ,announced at he bars and flyers put up. There was a lack of information on the message boards (all three) and in my opinion that is not the fault of the respective board owners/moderators but just the reflective of the board participants. Two of the boards seemed to have ignored this event this all together.

Back in the day when farang ownership of the Boys Town venues ruled there would have been ample publicity and notice on the English language boards but now it's mostly Thai ownership with a dwindling and dying (literally) farang customer base.

OK, I am still looking for photos of someone actually attending. Anyone sample the free food at Castro?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:56 pm OK, I am still looking for photos of someone actually attending. Anyone sample the free food at Castro?
I have photos showing naff all happening at the boat shaped hotel where the parade was allegedly going to start. Also, a couple at the front of festival, showing a few chairs, rainbow flags and not very hot audience members.
These don't justify the effort of copying, compressing and uploading.

After they failed to announce the correct location for the parade, I lost interest in the rest of it.

The motorcycle photos are more worthy of inclusion, so I might try those later.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:56 pm OK, I am still looking for photos of someone actually attending. Anyone sample the free food at Castro?
There were probably more people at Castro's than at the parade.

I'd love to see some pictures of the food sampling myself, to see how the old gang are holding up.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I didn't see anY advertising for this in any of the gogo bars or Sunee bars that I frequent. The same used to happen at the Boyztown parties when they used to have them.
I also remember being really pissed off a few years ago when I missed a huge white party in Sunee. Same same.
I was in BT on 14 and don't recall seeing any food...as mentioned in the OP,but may have missed it as I was in Toyboys.
However there was a huge spread outside Ambiance last night. Looked good.