Foreigners Reap Benefits from fewer Chinese

Anything and everything about Thailand
ISAC69

Re: Foreigners Reap Benefits from fewer Chinese

Post by ISAC69 »

Trongpai wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:55 pm Now it seems might be a good time to take a side trip to Kho Larn. I used to go frequently but then the Chinese tour groups moved in being shuttled via speed boats from Beach Rd and flag marched to pre arranged seating. There's still other package tourists that include Kho Larn but the bulk was Chinese.

I have pleasant memories of the Kho Larn of days past. I don't expect it's going to return to what it was in 80's and 90's but now perhaps a pleasant side trip. Unless the beach concessions have just shut down now?

I don't recall a Kho Larn trip report on any of the boards in many years?

I will be at Kho Larn on 19th for the first time booked a room there for 3 nights ,the absence of Chinese tours is a blessing.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I look forward to a trip report ISAC69. I've taken day trips to Kho Larn to go to the beach for swimming but have never stayed at one of the hotels on the island. I wonder what there is do do at night? BYOB required or not?
Jun

Post by Jun »

pong wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:00 am at least 80-90% of any Thai tourbus runs on gas and is made in China so is even unable to sprout out black DIESELfumes.
I would suggest that anyone repeatedly publishing suspect "facts" ought to be prepared to provide links to sources.

Also if several "facts" posted don't pass plausibility tests, what are we to make of the other content where we don't have background information to vet it ?

I don't think people come here to read "Freddie Starr ate my hampster" stories. Or that 300% of buses in Pattaya are powered by cold fusion.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Trongpai wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm I look forward to a trip report ISAC69. I've taken day trips to Kho Larn to go to the beach for swimming but have never stayed at one of the hotels on the island. I wonder what there is do do at night? BYOB required or not?
Sorry but I decided to cancel my 3 days trip to Koh Larn and will make only day trips for swimming because I met a lovely boy who will stay me the whole trip in Pattaya and I am afraid he will be bored at nights there.