Visa With 800,000 Baht

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Visa With 800,000 Baht

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 pm the question remains whether or not does Jomtien Immigration which apparently is the only one still require you to show the 800,000 remains untouched for 90 days following a renewal?
Where do you suppose the answer to that question is going to come from? Something posted on a message board or by asking immigration? I don't know what makes most sense to anyone else, but I know what makes most sense to me.

What makes most sense to me is after getting the retirement visa, 90 days later just go to immigration and show them the updated bank passbook. If they're not interested, let them be the ones to tell you.

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand why this is even an issue. Just show them the bank passbook. Takes all of 30 seconds. What's the problem?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

One more time :!: If there is any member of this board that has renewed their 1 year visa using the 800,000 baht in the bank method within the last 30 days and if so do you still need to return in 90 days showing the 800,000 is still on deposit simple replies appreciated.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
pong

Post by pong »

Again: TV will have many, many MANY more people reporting, though, needless to say, most will also not be gay and/or married to Thai ladies. And thats not just for Jomtien but for about any BanNOk anywhere in this LOS.
odd

Post by odd »

Well for one 'last' time a comment. There are posts on TV this morning referencing 2 occasions 'recently!' on which farangs renewing their extensions of stay in Pattaya have not been told to report back in 90 days to show their updated bank books. Is that a 'chink' of light at the end of the tunnel?!
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:45 pm Current info from anyone within the last month having renewed his yearly visa in Jomtien as to wether or not immigration is still requiring you to return 3 months after your renewal based on 800,000 baht in the bank would be most appreciated.
You seem very nervous about this...asking again and again. ....Why?

The fact remains that at time of next renewal Thai Immigration will see if you have met the financial requirements or not...

You signed an agreement upon the granting of your extension of stay that you would abide by the rule. ....

To ...
Keep 800,000 Thb in Thai bank first THREE months
Never allow the banked amount to go below 400,000...
And have bank balance of 800,000 TWO months before next renewal.

Thai Immigration will check your compliance at extension time. If you have met the requirement...you get the added year.

If not...start the retirement process all over.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Not nervous at all, but not thrilled about not being able to use the 800,000.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:04 pm not thrilled about not being able to use the 800,000.
Neither am I. I wonder just how many farang retirees are keeping 800,000 baht tied up in Thai bank accounts. It has to be many millions, perhaps billions of baht, just sitting there when especially now Thailand could certainly do with us out there spending it. Despite the fact that I can easily prove the monthly income requirement, I'm afraid to touch a single baht of the 800,000. For me, it's just going to continue remaining there as if it doesn't exist - unless there is a rule change. Why am I not holding my breath . . . ?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 pm It has to be many millions, perhaps billions of baht, just sitting there ...........................
What really burns me, is the fact that it's not exactly just sitting there. The Thai Banks are are doing what banks do best and investing it.

I have to assume that those who chose the 800k method did it because they had no other option. If by chance a person can use the 65k income method that would certainly be advisable. A person is free to switch between these two "methods" at their discretion (at renewal time).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:19 pm I have to assume that those who chose the 800k method did it because they had no other option.
I disagree. I, for one, can easily prove the monthly income from a foreign source requirement, so I did have that option. I choose not to use that option because there is no guarantee that option will remain. If it ever comes down to the only way to get the retirement visa is the 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account method, like it or not I intend to make sure I have it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:19 pm I have to assume that those who chose the 800k method did it because they had no other option. If by chance a person can use the 65k income method that would certainly be advisable. A person is free to switch between these two "methods" at their discretion (at renewal time).
I have no problem meeting the income requirement and have been living for almost 3 years on the sale of my Thai condo and still have more than 800,000 in my account however, at the current exchange rate I am not anxious to use my dollars as a monthly deposit into my Thai account while all this time my monthly income multiplies in my home account.