Airlines cutting ticket prices

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Airlines cutting ticket prices

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:27 am you should look at Booking.com et al
I did. Again I believe all the hotels are closed. I did not see anything on Booking.com that says any of their listed hotels are actually open. Are you seeing something I'm not seeing?

In any case, if anyone does decide to try to book a hotel, I suggest contacting the hotel first to make sure it really is open before parting with money on any booking site. I would certainly do that until Thailand announces that hotels can open again. So far I have seen no such announcement.

Of course, even if all the hotels are open, it is still pointless to book a flight to Thailand while international incoming flights are still verboten.

And regarding Pattaya, until things open up I fail to see a point in coming right now. All the bars are closed. The beaches are closed. Shopping malls are still closed. Many restaurants still have not yet opened and there is still a lot of confusion in the restaurants that have opened.

Unless you met the boy of your dreams on one of the apps or you've already met the boy of your dreams and you know where he is and how to contact him, I wouldn't be in a rush to return just yet.
odd

Post by odd »

Did you try to book? No. You 'believe' all the hotels are closed but you are wrong. The bigger hotels are closed but not ALL hotels are closed as you originally stated. End of discussion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:22 pm End of discussion.
You're not going to get away with that. So far, for absolutely no apparent reason, you are refusing to tell us the name of any hotels legally open.

You give me the name of even one hotel that is legally open, whether on this topic or a PM. If it's a PM, I won't even publish the name of the hotel.
Then I will call the hotel to verify for myself. If the hotel is open, I will say so on this topic. If it is not, I will also say so. That will be end of discussion.

If that's not good enough for you, then you're right - end of discussion.
odd

Post by odd »

Nowhere have I stated that hotels are legally open-that is your phraseology. You have introduced the word legal, not me.
I would suspect that this being Thailand in normal circumstances there are quite a few hotels that are not legal-same as the bars you frequent in Sunee. There is not much in Pattaya that is black and white-most of it is grey.
I will certainly not give you the names of the hotels that I know are open-how do I know they are open? My b/f friend works in them-he is there now. And they are opening another of their hotels very soon
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm There is not much in Pattaya that is black and white-most of it is grey.
That is true, but when it comes to hotels, there is no question about it. They cannot yet legally open. You're saying your boyfriend works in a hotel that is open, but shhhhhhhh - the name of the hotel is a secret. You make a point of saying it was I introduced the word "legally" and not you. That tells me the hotel is open illegally. What do you think is going to happen if the hotel is caught by the police? Do think it will end well? Do you think any hotel guests will be allowed to stay? Do you think the hotel won't be shut down and nobody will be arrested or have to explain to a judge why they opened illegally?

Do you deny that your boyfriend is working in a hotel illegally open?

"I will certainly not give you the names of the hotels that I know are open ....." Of course you won't. I don't think you would want to give us names of hotels you know are operating illegally. I wouldn't allow that on my board even if you did want to post any such hotel names. And since you want to keep it a secret, I don't know why you wrote any posts about it in the first place.

You did not send me a PM with the name of the hotel, and that prevents me from verifying anything you say. You can continue insisting that hotels are open in Thailand if you want to, but without being able to verify it, without at least having the names of any hotels you are talking about or any contact information whatsoever, I think anyone reading this can easily tell the difference between the truth and a bunch of bullshit.

Meanwhile, for people reading this board, you know as well as I do there is no place for them to stay yet. I don't know why you want to mislead people, but I won't have it on my board.

And until there is official word that hotels can reopen, that ends the discussion - and believe me, it's ended.

Now maybe we can get this topic back to airlines cutting ticket prices.