Undaunted

Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

Info the effects of virus on venues and visa extensions:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

I think it is also important to note that at the end of the video - at 4 minutes, 25 seconds - he tells us full coverage insurance for the virus is available from insurance brokers for between 400-600 baht. He's getting his at AA insurance, behind the Big-C, Sukhumvit.

At that price I'm thinking about getting it myself unless there is an absurdly high deductible or some other type of catch.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:13 pm At that price I'm thinking about getting it myself unless there is an absurdly high deductible or some other type of catch.

How can they sell proper insurance after the event? Yes there will be some catch!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 pm How can they sell proper insurance after the event? Yes there will be some catch!
There's only one way to find out. I'm not an actuary, so I can only assume they know what they're doing. Of course if it turns out to be some kind of scam or if there is a catch, I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

What I do know is AA is a legitimate insurance company and has been in business in Thailand many years. I doubt they would be involved in selling this insurance unless it is genuine.

Despite the fact that I would be covered by my own insurance company, if I am unfortunate enough to catch the virus I'm still interested to know what is actually on offer with this. For a few hundred baht I might be fully covered without having to pay the deductible from my own insurance company.

The first thing I would want to know is if they pay the hospital directly or if this is the kind of insurance that requires paying the hospital fees yourself first and then waiting for who-knows-how-long to be reimbursed. For me, if they pay the hospital directly, I might be interested. If not, then for me it's a thanks, but no thanks . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I bought my insurance through AA and I received an email from the insurance company directly assuring me they will pay for any hospital treatment if I contract the virus.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:03 pm I bought my insurance through AA and I received an email from the insurance company directly assuring me they will pay for any hospital treatment if I contract the virus.
Of course, the big question is government hospitals only? Going to to Banglamung would be a death sentence.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:47 am Of course, the big question is government hospitals only? Going to to Banglamung would be a death sentence.
That is a very good point and you're right. Before purchasing such a policy I would certainly want to know the answer to that question.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:56 am
Up2u wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:47 am Of course, the big question is government hospitals only? Going to to Banglamung would be a death sentence.
That is a very good point and you're right. Before purchasing such a policy I would certainly want to know the answer to that question.
Instead of speculation why not contact AA insurance:

https://www.aainsure.net/contact.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 am Instead of speculation why not contact AA insurance
If I decide to seriously consider this insurance, that's exactly what I intend to do, but not by Email. I would rather go to their office, talk to their representatives, and thoroughly read the contract before signing up. If I'm buying, even very inexpensively, I want to be damned sure what I'm actually getting for my money.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:16 am
Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 am Instead of speculation why not contact AA insurance
If I decide to seriously consider this insurance, that's exactly what I intend to do, but not by Email.
Their contact phone number is on their website :!: