Looking at the Bright Side

Anything and everything about Thailand
gera

Re: Looking at the Bright Side

Post by gera »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 am Have you considered sharing the mathematical models you developed with the World Health Organization?
I sense a sarcasm here. Have I ever said I develop models of that kind? The difference between me and you is that I am capable to read and understand articles regarding such models. I will leave it at that.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

gera wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm I sense a sarcasm here. Have i ever said I develop models of that kind? The difference between me and you is that i am capable to read and understand articles regarding such models. I will leave it at that.
Yes, I was being sarcastic, although after re-reading your post I can see that I clearly misinterpreted what you were saying, and I would like to apologize for my remarks.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gera wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm I sense a sarcasm here. Have I ever said I develop models of that kind? The difference between me and you is that I am capable to read and understand articles regarding such models. I will leave it at that.
1 You might presume you are smarter than Dodger . Don't count on anyone else buying it.

gera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:34 pmIf 60 percent of population get immunity for 2 months, the epidemic will be stopped.
Am still waiting for your explanation for this. If you have a calculation, scan it and attach.
Every real professor I have ever met was happy to explain theories on request.

If 60% of the population get PERMANENT immunity, then with an R0 of 2.5, we should get some stabilization. 2 months immunity is a different matter.

3 Back in July 2019 you confidently told us the 737 Max problem was already over. If predicting the present was so difficult, what confidence should we have in your ability to predict the future ?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Aw, c'mon guys. Remember, we're all in this together and this is not the time to start a pissing contest. There are numerous models out the predicting the progression of the virus and everyone is free to adhere to whichever one they like.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm this is not the time to start a pissing contest.
I agree. But it is the time to end it - and I'm going to do that right now. If Gera wants to prove what he says, fine with me. If he doesn't, also fine with me. This is a message board. It's not a courtroom. Those who even give a shit whether Gera is right or wrong are welcome to send him a PM.

This topic is supposed to be "Looking at the Bright Side". So start looking at it. A "gotcha" contest has no place on this topic, so just drop it - and I mean DROP IT - and get back to what this topic is supposed to be about.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Another Bright Spot:

According to the Centre for International Climate Research in Oslo (Cicero), the burning of fossil fuels has dropped substantially since the coronavirus outbreak and the impact will be felt worldwide.

In Thailand, manufacturing companies, many of which don’t maintain effective EPA Standards for environmental controls, coupled with substandard vehicle emissions resulting from vehicles not being maintained properly, and/or burning contaminated or degraded diesel fuel, contributes to the majority of air pollution which has plagued the environment in Thailand for decades. The dramatic reduction in the amount of vehicles on the road, and the reduction in manufacturing caused by the virus, will actually pay dividends as it relates to air quality.

To sustain these improvements, Thailand should consider opening more host bars, gogo bars (preferrably boy gogo's), massage parlors and karoke clubs, which have no negative effects on the environment, and put an immediate halt to people driving smoke-belching vehicles, and manufacturing companies operating outside of basic EPA regulations.
Maxxyz

Post by Maxxyz »

Here is an option :shock:
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Luv it Maxxyz.

Can you imagine him delivering food to your door during isolation!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, here's one: Since you are probably wearing a mask and so is everybody else, if anyone has bad breath, who's gonna know . . . ?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:29 pm Ok, here's one: Since you are probably wearing a mask and so is everybody else, if anyone has bad breath, who's gonna know . . . ?
Corona is changing so many things:

Before I used to cough to cover up a fart - and now I fart to cover up a cough.