90 Day Reporting

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

90 Day Reporting

Post by RichLB »

Ok, here's my experience today and a few tips. First off, there is no parking for cars or motorcycles outside the main building. The good news is that it looks chaotic, but it surprisingly goes relatively smoothly. When you first enter what used to be the parking area, you will see a major queue to your left - the kind that doubles up on itself several times. Do NOT stand in that line. To the right there is a desk labelled "Verify Documents" with a far shorter line. At the same table there is a little sign barely visible through all the people standing around which says "90 Days". That's the one you want. There's a separate line for this clerk. Once you reach her, she'll check your slip, keep your passport and give you a number. Of course no one there tells you what you're supposed to do with that number. Luckily I managed to get my few remaining brain cells to function and noticed other people standing around clutching their number. After about 1/2 hour, another lady comes out with a basket of passports and starts calling out numbers. If you're lucky (I wasn't) your passport is in that batch or else you have to wait until she emerges the next time (about another 1/2 hour), When she finally calls your number you retrieve your passport and you're done. I might also mention that most people respected social distancing, but only about half of them were wearing masks.
Dodger

Re: 90 Day Reporting

Post by Dodger »

Did anyone ask you if you've changed your address in the last 90 days - which is the primary reason for the 90 day reporting?

From what you describe, nobody asked anybody anything???
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Dodger wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:56 pm Did anyone ask you if you've changed your address in the last 90 days - which is the primary reason for the 90 day reporting?
Nope, nobody asked me anything, but they never have. They just take the paper stapled in the passport and that's it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Has anyone had success doing the 90 days online?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

I doubt it.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I did my 90 day reporting yesterday just like Richlb. The difference is I had a Thai friend do it for me. Yes everything is just as he described. But there is an English speaking Immigration volunteer who recognized him in line and took his documents, went inside and returned everything to him five minutes later. My recommendation is not do this yourself, stay away from immigration with all the potential risks for infection, get a friend or hire an agent to do this for you at this point in time. I am currently on crutches but my annual extension is due in a few weeks and I will hire an agent.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

According to the Bangkok Post, immigration is asking foreign residents to submit their 90-day address reports by mail, to reduce overcrowding at immigration offices.

The article leaves out just a tiny bit of mildly important information, such as:

1. What address to use for submitting by mail.
2. What actually has to be sent? Only the passport? Any additional documents? If so, what documents?
3. How far in advance must the report be submitted?
4. How long before you can expect to get your passport back?
5. Do you have to provide return postage, a postage prepaid self-addressed envelope, or what?
6. What are you supposed to do if your passport fails to come back, such as getting lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address?

Other than that, the article makes everything crystal clear . . .

I have been unable to find the answers to any of those questions.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-crowding
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I think the article is referring to Bangkok Immigration only, not sure?

I know this topic is referring to Pattaya Immigration only. The topic should have been titled 90 day report at Pattaya Immigration

In Bangkok we've been using the mail in method for some time with mixed results.

You don't mail in your passport.
1. Copy of Passport Face page
2. Copy of TM front and back
3. Copy of last entry stamp
4. Original last 90 day report receipt
5. Original signed 90 day report form

Make copies for yourself 4 and 5

Put in envelope with a self stamped self addressed envelope. You must send it in 14 days before due date. Post date or received date, I am not sure. Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi, Bangkok

Then wait for a reply in the post. You should receive a new receipt in the mail. If not then you have to go in person to Immigration for the 90 day report. In Bangkok you have a 7 day grace period but don't count on them knowing that!

Some have told me they have done it by mail for years without a problem. Others tell me of not receiving anything back or receiving it late. I tried it once and got nothing back. I sent it registered mail and had a receipt. The Immigration officer at the 90 day section would not even look at it when I had to report in person.

I'm going to try the mail method next week and can report what happen here if anyone is interested in something not to do with Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 am I tried it once and got nothing back.
That is why, regardless of whether immigration wants us to or not, until they've got their act together with reporting by mail or getting their app to actually work I will be doing my report personally, as always.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pm That is why, regardless of whether immigration wants us to or not, until they've got their act together with reporting by mail or getting their app to actually work I will be doing my report personally, as always.
I'm with you.

if they don't want me crowding in their office, then they need to get their shit together and tell me clearly what I'm expected to do.

Until then, the confusion belongs to them!