Surviving Shelter in Place

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Surviving Shelter in Place

Post by RichLB »

I'm curious if anyone has discovered/invented any ideas to fill the time while isolated in our homes. Without socializing in person my brain seems to slowly turning to mush and all the media attention to doom and gloom is raising my anxiety level. I've got a couple ideas and will list them here, but please add to the list.
1. Schedule some time to brush up or begin learning Thai. There are plenty of good Youtube offerings for free to help us along.
2. Teach the boyfriend how to speak English. Again, there are free Youtube programs available and he might do it if you sit with him while he learns.
3. For those of us who don't cook, now seems a great time whip up some recipes.
4. Clean out the closet. I still have clothes in there I brought over to Thailand with me 30 pounds ago. Now seems a good time to bite the bullet and admit I'll never fit in them again.
5. Update ancient drivers and programs on the computer. Admittedly most aren't necessary, but what else is there to do?
6. Figure out how to use Zoom. (This is pretty self serving, but I want to make it work since it seems to be the app of choice - and for the life of me I can't figure it out).
Well, that's my starter list. Any other suggestions?
RichLB

Re: Surviving Shelter in Place

Post by RichLB »

Here's another one...
7. To combat sitting all day, how about starting an exercise program - even Yoga seems doable and not too taxing.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

8) Communicate more with friends and loved ones: (I send out daily e:mails to family back home now and do more Skype video chats as well)
9) Increase exercise routine: (healthy body = healthy mind)
10) Taking care of all those "always do later" things around the house: (I actually learned how to use a mop)
11) Self-Reflection: (Giving my mind a chance to wander).
12) Meditation: (Giving my mind a chance to disconnect).
13) Getting to really know him better: (longer talks - really listening - really feeling)
14) Got back to writing my book: (easier with a clear mind and no set agenda)
15) Relearning the bass part from my old bands opening number "For Nobody" by Gentle Giant. Only possible in isolation: Listen below:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

16. If you want something that really takes up hours and hours of your time, run a message board . . .