Cut & Colour

Anything and everything about Thailand
Josan

Cut & Colour

Post by Josan »

FYI: Cut & Colour is moving or already moved to a new location in Pat Pong Soi 2. Upstairs a couple of doors down from Fresh Boys.

The Thaniya Plaza building will at some point be completely renovated. Many of the stores are already gone.
Jun

Re: Cut & Colour

Post by Jun »

Never heard of them. Are they any good ?

I did once use another barbers in there, which has now closed (UP2?????).

Incidentally, I invested 100 baht in a hair cut near Dick's Jomtien last month. He cut it way shorter than I wanted, but with the Coronavirus lockdowns, this is probably good.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I understood that Cutey Beauty was moving to that location. Is this a new name?

Cutey Beauty was the brain child of expat Phillip and his BF Gop. Philip no longer lives in Thailand having returned to Ireland for health reasons. Gop is the owner or manager of the mag Thai Puen.

Up 2 recently closed and was a spin off by two employees and then more of Cutey Beauty using the same business model. The last owner was khun Luck. Up 2 tried to reinvent itself several times with the changing economic environment of gay Bangkok to no avail.

It seems a strange time to be either starting a new business or relocating.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

I went to Cutey Beauty the day before they were due to carry the chairs etc to Patpong 2. Days later all Patpong 2 businesses were closed. It was to be upstairs from Screw Boys, next to Hot Male. I tried to post a map but failed.
After Up2 closed, I tried to trace Luk but the best I got was that he'd moved to Rama 3.
His Burmese 'assistant' moved to Cutey Beauty. My new favourite stylist (or barber, for they styled themselves as a Gentleman's Barber) was Nick.
Price for a cut 300 at Up2 and 400 at Cutey Beauty.
Edit. Looking again at the map they gave me ---- they seem to be called 'Gentleman's Barber'.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun

Post by Jun »

Thanks for the explanation.
Knowing where to get a hair cut is always useful. Cutey & Beauty always did a very good job, although 400 baht is a bit steep for a hair cut in Thailand.

Note: I seem to have confused Thaniya Plaza with the Charn Issara Tower in my previous post. Charn Issara is half empty. Thaniya Plaza, is as explained above, being cleared out for some probable renovation.
I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that rennovation. Down the other end of the road, the Boonmitr building seems to have been empty for over a year & that's before the latest economic crises.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:40 pm I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for that renovation. Down the other end of the road, the Boonmitr building seems to have been empty for over a year & that's before the latest economic crises.
Not to mention the old Robinson building at the corner of Silom and Rama 4. How many years has that been empty? Surely it's at a prime position.
I'm old enough to remember the Dairy Queen there (and all that implies).
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Bangkokian wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm Not to mention the old Robinson building at the corner of Silom and Rama 4. How many years has that been empty?
14 or 15 years. In the basement there was a tops. There was a nice food court on the 4th or 5th floor. Office space above that. Someone keeps renewing all the construction curtains and walk over on the street every few years. What's strange is that when I walk by over the years I hear construction work inside.

Perhaps when 'Dusit One', if that what it's going to be called, is finished something will become of the Robinson's corner?'

Robinson's corner once was an active freelancer location. Those who worked it referred to themselves as Robinson's boys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm Robinson's corner once was an active freelancer location. Those who worked it referred to themselves as Robinson's boys.
I remember it well......the boys worked that corner as well as in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel (now the Crown Plaza)
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Trongpai wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm Robinson's corner once was an active freelancer location. Those who worked it referred to themselves as Robinson's boys.
I remember it well......the boys worked that corner as well as in front of the Pan Pacific Hotel (now the Crown Plaza)
I seem to remember the boys were at 3 levels -- the Hiso business boy sitting inside gazing out of the widows, the lees hiso outside sitting on the shelf and lastly younger scruffs pacing the street.