Latest Pattaya Immigration News

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bob

Re: Latest Pattaya Immigration News

Post by Bob »

I've read tons of reports that the online deal hasn't worked for people who haven't exited and re-entered Thailand for years. So Mahjongguy's report doesn't surprise me at all. Part of the problem, I think, is that they didn't start entering data into the system until a few years back and, of course, any erroneous entry of data would also cause an issue. How Thais actually can read the sometimes horribly scribbled English on regular TM forms let alone the arrival card is beyond me. Some people have horrible handwriting and, of course, filling out a TM6 on a bouncing airplane tray doesn't help.

While people don't have to do 90-day reporting (currently, through July 31st), they can still do it in person (not wise and officially discouraged), online (if it'll work for you), or by mail. Chiangmai Immigration started a drive-thru window for 90-day reports (only) a few weeks back and that seems to be working extremely well (people I know who have used it indicate it takes a few minutes at most).