Pattaya Lockdown - Beginning Thursday, April 9

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya Lockdown - Beginning Thursday, April 9

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 pm Thus, my interpretation was that in addition to showing an ID, a Thai would also be required to show proof of personal address being in Pattaya
You're making an unfounded assumption. Unless something has changed or they're requiring it, but for whatever reason they don't want to tell anybody, there is no published requirement for Thais to show proof of where they live. Have you seen anything that says Thais will have to prove their residence?

Just to counter your argument about a Thai's ID card showing he comes from another province even though he resides in Pattaya, how about a Thai whose home province is Chonburi, comes from Pattaya, but has been living and working in another province for years, and now he's coming to Pattaya just to visit family or whatever. His ID card will show he comes from Pattaya, even though he doesn't live in Pattaya.

Until we know what is required of Thais, I suggest we stop making assumptions and speculating.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The Bangkok Post now has an article about the Pattaya lockdown. However, the article tells us nothing new and leaves out most of the important details. So, instead of reprinting it here, I'm just leaving the link in case you feel like wasting a minute or two bothering with it.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... m-thursday
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 pm my Thai partner does not have an employer.
You are his employer.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 pm You are his employer.
Oops...work permit time.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm You're making an unfounded assumption.
No unfounded assumption or speculation. The stated purpose of the the checkpoints is to close down Pattaya, persons must have a reason for being in Pattaya. For me and other residents this is not an issue (my Thai DL, my condo Blue book, etc.) but for my Thai bf this could be a problem. As I mentioned before, like most Thais his ID and DL both state is home village residence. Since we travel together I can vouch for him but he has no documentation except his local bank passbook which he keeps in the safe. On the bright side and looking at the published maps I can't envision us going through a checkpoint on our grocery shopping and hospital visits. A buddy has a condos in Bangkok and Pattaya so when he returns to Pattaya he will have to explain why he's here (when his documents are in his Pattaya condo safe). Good luck with that.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:04 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm You're making an unfounded assumption.
No unfounded assumption or speculation.
Ok, I'm not going to continue going round and round with you on this. I've already said my piece. I have nothing more to add.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:04 pm Since we travel together I can vouch for him but he has no documentation except his local bank passbook which he keeps in the safe.
Is there a reason you must “travel together”?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:17 pm Is there a reason you must “travel together”?
I don't know how you concluded they "must travel together". Perhaps they CHOOSE to travel together ?

This might surprise you, but some people like company.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Shit happens and what once was a choice is not at the moment an option! Everyone that has commented on this topic lives here with the exception of you so why not leave it to the folks that are at this moment directly affected. I wonder are you as active on a message board in the UK where you are directly affected or just here?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:17 pm
Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:04 pm Since we travel together I can vouch for him but he has no documentation except his local bank passbook which he keeps in the safe.
Is there a reason you must “travel together”?
I anticipate being in a wheelchair chair and on crutches for at least another month and because of foot surgery.