Pattaya Lockdown - Beginning Thursday, April 9

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Pattaya Lockdown - Beginning Thursday, April 9

Post by Undaunted »

I suggest you ask your doctor for a letter specifically naming your boyfriend as necessary during your recovery, if necessary imply that he is in your employ as a caregiver. As you are obviously ambulatory enough to get in and out of a vehicle there is always Grab.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:04 pm .......like most Thais his ID and DL both state is home village residence. Since we travel together I can vouch for him but he has no documentation except his local bank passbook which he keeps in the safe.

If your friend could get his bankbook and keep it with him I imagine that would suffice, but it sounds like you don't have to deal with the roadblocks anyway...so there should be no problem.

If he's traveling alone and entering Pattaya without proof of residence, to your point, there may be a problem. That's the whole purpose of the roadblocks.

Good luck!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Documentation needed for non residents traveling through and from Pattaya:
Link to the form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L66Ahb ... f6n8a/view

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I see Thailand had 11 new cases and 3, yes, 3 deaths today.
I see in UK we had 5491 new cases and a record 938 deaths today.
We both have a similar population.
Thailand’s neighbours, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam all have a TOTAL of 0, zero, deaths.
As this board wants facts, it is all here.... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

What am I missing with all this ?? Why is Thailand about to commence a Pattaya lockdown...starting Thursday?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gerefan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:22 am Thailand’s neighbours, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam all have a TOTAL of 0, zero, deaths.
What am I missing with all this ?? Why is Thailand about to commence a Pattaya lockdown...starting Thursday?
I have zero confidence in any data furnished by these communist and dictator countries. Obviously you do. Their health care is indeed third world and testing problematic to say the least as well as any reported deaths. If the western countries (UK, USA Italy, Spain, France, etc) would have implemented Thailand’s measures thousands of lives would have been saved.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 am If the western countries (UK, USA Italy, Spain, France, etc) would have implemented Thailand’s measures thousands of lives would have been saved.
I agree. I would certainly rather be in Thailand than in the USA during this crisis. My response to gerefan's question about the lockdown is they are trying to prevent people who don't live here from bringing in the virus. That's how the virus got to Pattaya in the first place. My only objection to the lockdown is I think they should have started it weeks ago.

I live on "The Dark Side", which means if I have to cross Sukhumvit I will have to deal with the traffic and the police. Tomorrow, Friday, I have a doctor appointment at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. I'll have to run the lockdown gauntlet to get there. I'll probably have to run a second gauntlet trying to return home. I'll post how that goes.

Meanwhile, it is no problem for me to remain on "The Dark Side" for a few weeks. Everything a person needs is on "The Dark Side". I can't think of anything available in the city that isn't also available in my area. No go-go bars on "The Dark Side", but now they're all closed anyway.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

As this thing progresses, it's beginning to look like having a military-controlled government may at least have one advantage.

Thailand now ranks as one of the least affected countries by Civid-19 which can't go unacknowledged. By locking down the country as they did, along with the aggressive isolation restrictions, roadblocks, and the closing of Pattaya which is one of the most vulnerable places for an attack, etc., it almost appears like a strategic military defensive strategy, with the attacking enemy being a virus. They have effectively closed the gates...created impregnable barriers (as best as can be expected)...and protected the citizens. What more can anyone ask for?

Buriram, in the heart of Isaan, still doesn't have a single reported case, and with a population of 1.5 million people, that's saying something.

With these results, residents of Thailand may be able to start crawling out of the high weeds by the end of April-early May. I know this may sound overly optimistic, but that's my read on this.

I'm not suggesting that having an autocratic government run by the Military is a good thing either, but, in times like this, it appears to have its advantages.

Up2u wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 am I have zero confidence in any data furnished by these communist and dictator countries
Aside from the discussion you're in now...You may want to thank Undaunted for providing the solution to your problem.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The Pattaya lockdown has started.

Please post if you encounter any checkpoints, where you encounter them, and what you experience. Also, please let us know if you encounter traffic jams, where they occur, and how long you are delayed, and what time it happened.

Of course, anything else you may encounter due to the lockdown, please post. And please post anything you don't encounter - meaning you expected delays, but nothing happened.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:13 pm Please post if you encounter any checkpoints, where you encounter them, and what you experience.
This morning around 8:30 AM there was a checkpoint at Chaiyapruek and Jomtien Beach Road. All they did was check your temperature when you were going north. I don't know how long they stayed there.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:12 pm I suggest you ask your doctor for a letter specifically naming your boyfriend as necessary during your recovery, if necessary imply that he is in your employ as a caregiver. As you are obviously ambulatory enough to get in and out of a vehicle there is always Grab.
A good idea, I currently visit Wound Care daily but I see my surgeon this Saturday. Bf carrying his local Pattaya bank passbook is also a good idea.