Grocery Delivery

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Grocery Delivery

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone in Pattaya ever used a grocery delivery option from Lotus, Big C, Foodland, etc? If so, what was your experience - how much did they charge, how long to receive your order, was a web site available to select your goods, etc.? With the shelter in place mandate, this might be a good option.
Gaybutton

Re: Grocery Delivery

Post by Gaybutton »

Lotus delivery: https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB

Big-C delivery: https://www.bigc.co.th/

Villa Market delivery: https://shoponline.villamarket.com/shop-online

Foodland: https://www.foodland.com/shop

The Big-C site says "delivery within 24 hours". I didn't look at the others to see if they deliver any quicker.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Yes a simple google search would have given you that information. I use shopping as an excuse to get out for a while.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:36 pm Yes a simple google search would have given you that information.
Hah! Maybe simple for you, but the results I got were pretty unsatisfactory. After filling out the registration form for Tesco Lotus, it turns out they don't deliver outside of Bangkok - at least on the websites I found. Big C's website (discovered through Google) never reveals the delivery costs or a minimum order. I know others have used delivery from BigC, but they have to be some kind of Wizards. Foodland is even more befuddling. The links I found (on Google) seem to avoid Thailand altogether - who knew Foodland was world wide. Anyway, given that I'm a dunce, if anyone has any first hand experience, how about sharing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Lazada also does groceries. You have to use their mobile app. For whatever reason, they don't do it via a desktop computer.

When you open the app, tap Super Market. They don't do fresh food, but they have an exhaustive list of packaged foods.

The first thing you'll see is "We are currently experiencing high demand. Please expect delivery delays. Thank you for understanding."
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

If U like Villa Market download the Villa Market app. it is easy to use not rocket science.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

You can also use Villa Market online at the link I posted above. Villa Market may be pricier than other grocery stores, but they seem to have the widest variety of products favored by farang and they also deliver fresh produce and meats. They do deliver locally in the Pattaya area.

Undaunted is right. From what I've seen, Villa Market's online shopping is much more user friendly and easier to use than most others I looked at.

My guess is fewer people use Villa Market for food delivery because they're more expensive. If that is so, then you would probably receive your order much quicker.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I were going to use grocery delivery, I'd be doing my shopping via Villa Market.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The UK had one of the largest percentages of online grocery delivery in the world, prior to the Covid crises.
The "big 4" plus Waitrose & Ocado have vans delivering 7 days a week.
Anyhow, since the Covid crises, of course the delivery slots are fully booked up and it's very difficult to get an order.

Based on this experience, if you're intent on using a delivery service in Thailand, my advice would be to plan well ahead. An increase in demand seems likely. The fact that it's a topic here suggests that. I know I'm probably stating the obvious as well.

I carry on going to the supermarket about once a week, but with facemask, hand gel etc.

FYI: The UK government also supplied a list of "vulnerable" people to the main supermarkets, so they can be prioritised for delivery. ie People of a certain age & some with underlying conditions. Some of the supermarkets have matched up the names with those on their existing customer databases and contacted the customers to say they are eligible. The supermarkets have been told they must delete this data when the Covid crises is over.
My guess is you won't see such an initiative in Thailand, but what do I know ?
gera

Post by gera »

My bf is using Top for delivery. Recently he had a delivery from Villa but one needs to use their website not app.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have used the Tesco Lotus delivery to my house here in Pattaya. Here is link: https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groce ... =Corporate - where you can register. They also have a link from that page with explanation on how to shop online: https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groce ... ght-How-to

When I ordered, I was shown available delivery date/time and selected one for my order. Total cost of order plus delivery will be shown as I recall before placing your order. I paid cash, but if I recall correctly, they noted that I could also pay delivery staff with credit card.

I have not used Villa Market delivery, but did go there yesterday (Little Walk shopping arcade on Sukhumvit Road) - not crowded, but noted some items I wanted were not available. Traffic was very light and with the absence this week of checkpoints, no delays.

You can also order from Grab - if you have the App, select groceries - I have not used them, but believe they only get groceries from TOPs.