Once again, THANK YOU MOSES

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Once again, THANK YOU MOSES

Post by Gaybutton »

Some of you may have noticed that yesterday, April 18, the board was hacked. I had no idea how to fix the problem, but once again Moses, the owner of the Sawatdee forum, came to the rescue and now the board is working properly.
ceejay

Re: Once again, THANK YOU MOSES

Post by ceejay »

I only noticed it was offline for a while (or maybe very slow). Indeed, many thanks to Moses, who has been a great friend of the Thailand message boards.

I have carried out an anti malware scan of my phone and computer (and found nothing on either) and also changed my password. Not because I particularly think I need to, but because I have always regarded that as good practice when any website I visit regularly is known to have been compromised.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Thank you Moses.

I encountered a problem today (about 5 minutes ago), as I clicked the icon for this site on my phone and got directed to some Spam site. Apparently I've won a prize for 5,000,000 searches or something like that.

Even if I put Gaybuttonthai.com in the browser on my phone, it redirects to the spam site.
The problem affects the Firefox Browser on my phone only. The Firefox browser on the PC is OK, as is the Chrome browser on the phone.
I restarted the phone, then it works OK.

I'm considering deleting the Firefox browser off the phone, as if it allows redirects like that, there's a security risk.

I'm not sure if this is related to the hack ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:15 pm I'm not sure if this is related to the hack ?
It is. It tried doing that to me too - on my desktop computer - using Firefox. I tried again on Chrome. Same thing. That is when I knew I needed to turn to Moses for help.

I'm not having any problems now with Firefox on my desktop, tablet, or phone.
Moses

Post by Moses »

Hi there.

Board itself wasn't hacked, so none of passwords, emails or other details were leaked or compromised.

Records of DNS servers on the domain name provider's server were compromised: hacker changed records what established link btw domain name of this board and my server where files of board itself are located. Hacker pointed domain name record to his site, so when you (users of GBT) call in browser GBT board his site appears on your device instead of real board.

It was like a hack of the switch on the railroad track - trains (your browsers) started to proceed to another station (hacker's website with spam) instead of original station (GBT board on my server). This "switch" is located out of my control, so I can't watch it and only can switch it back :)

Once again: NO user's personal details, accounts, passwords, emails, private messages etc were leaked - all these "things" are still in safety.
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/
Moses

Post by Moses »

Oh, I forgot to add: in case of some of your devices or browsers still visiting spam-site instead of GBT - clean cache of your browser on this device and restart your device after it.
Local private gay guides and companions
[*] in South East Asia http://siamroads.com
[*] in Thailand http://bkktour.info/