Alcohol off sales from Sunday?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bangkokian

Alcohol off sales from Sunday?

Post by Bangkokian »

From several posters on Thai-visa -- Richard Barrow who is usually reliable and others.

IMPORTANT: The ban on sale of alcohol will be lifted on Sunday 3rd May. More information will be released tomorrow but it looks like the only stipulation is that you must takeaway. You cannot drink on the premises.

Source: นักดื่มเฮ! เปิดขายเหล้า-เบียร์ แต่ต้องซื้อกลับ เริ่ม 3 พ.ค. เลขาสมช.ยัน https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_4053275
Bangkokian

Re: Alcohol off sales from Sunday?

Post by Bangkokian »

From B.P. just now:

Sales of alcoholic beverages will be allowed again from Sunday but people will not be allowed to drink in restaurants when they reopen, the government said on Friday.

The announcement was published on Friday in the Royal Gazette as part of the easing of some of the stringent measures imposed it the battle against the coronavirus.

The decision represents an about-face by the government, which said earlier this week that the alcohol ban would remain in effect until May 31 after it renewed the emergency decree for another month.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

As GB said earlier, I wouldn't want to be on the roads tomorrow.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:13 pm As GB said earlier, I wouldn't want to be on the roads tomorrow.
I think half the country is going to go on an unprecedented bender, and it's going to last more than just 1 day. The saving grace might be a lot of people don't have enough money left to buy any liquor, although I have a feeling even totally broke drunks will figure out a way to somehow come up with the money. I certainly won't be on the roads either.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

No alcohol sales on Wednesday. Visakha Bucha Day.