Thailand extends emergency decree until July 31

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Thailand extends emergency decree until July 31

Post by Gaybutton »

Personally, I'm all for it. While many criticize this and say it is too much government control or is only a political decision, I am in full favor of it. 7 new cases in Thailand today, and those were imported from Thais returning home from foreign countries. Meanwhile, the USA had how many new cases today? Around 44,000 wasn't it?

I think about the remarkable job Thailand has done keeping the virus under control and I hope they keep it that way until the only place you'll find the virus is in history books. That's my personal opinion, anyway. That doesn't mean you have to agree with me.

Despite the extension, I don't see that anything previously announced will change whether the decree was extended or not.

State of emergency extended until end of July

Jun 29, 2020

The state of emergency was extended for another month, until July 31, at Monday (June 29)’s meeting of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The meeting, which was headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, considered the fifth phase of lockdown easing, the state of emergency, and the reopening of Thailand’s border to foreigners.

The CCSA reportedly extended the state of emergency to aid the fifth-phase easing and the reopening of schools and colleges on July 1.

Businesses set to be reopened on July 1 include pubs, bars and entertainment venues.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390469

Govt logs 7 new Covid cases, extends emergency

29 Jun 2020

The government reported seven new coronavirus cases and no new deaths on Monday, taking the total number of infections in Thailand to 3,169 with 58 deaths since January.

All the new cases were Thai nationals in quarantine after recently returning from India and the US. There have been no local transmissions in the kingdom for 35 days.

The Centre for Covid-a9 Situation Administration also extended the emergency decree for another month to the end of July after it is due to expire on Tuesday.

The centre said the extension was necessary because the country will open up more businesses and permit more travel, and all schools will be reopened on Wednesday.

The decision was reached in the full member meeting of the centre chaired by Prime Minster Prayut Chan-o-cha.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -emergency

Thai Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration approves proposal of extension of Emergency Decree

By Adam Judd

Monday, 29 June 2020

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, in a meeting this morning with Prime Minister Prayut Chan O’Cha and other relevant officials, reportedly approved a proposal from the National Security Council last week to extend the emergency decree until the end of July.

The proposal will now go to the Thai Cabinet, also chaired by the Prime Minister, tomorrow afternoon for final approval. It is nearly certain to be signed off and approved by the Cabinet, however the extension of the decree would not be official before that meeting and subsequent publishing in the Royal Gazette. The extension would be until July 31, 2020, although the CCSA noted that it could be cancelled at any time if the situation with reopening of schools and entertainment venues does not see any problems or rise in Covid-19 cases.

The Emergency Decree gives the Prime Minister and Thai Government sweeping powers to control the potential spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus in a single management type system. Proponents of the decree in the Thai government state that the extension of the decree is not political and it is needed to properly manage and observe the situation with Phase Five loosening of restrictions and regulations in July as well as schools. Government officials are concerned that by opening schools and entertainment venues that cases of covid-19, previously hidden in asymptomatic carriers, could be found and would need to be properly managed

Critics of the decree, meanwhile, have stated that it is not needed to control the current situation in the country and that existing laws on communicable disease control could resolve any problems if needed. Critics also claim that the harsh penalties of the decree, such as rules around gatherings, have been used incorrectly and inconsistently.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/29/t ... cy-decree/