More roads to be torn up in Pattaya - this time Jomtien Second Road

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

More roads to be torn up in Pattaya - this time Jomtien Second Road

Post by Gaybutton »

This is being done to install larger drainage pipes. Part of the article asks why this wasn't done originally. I have the same question. It seems as if Jomtien Second Road spends more time being torn up and repaired than it does being 100% usable. It reminds me of a car I once had. It spent more time in the repair shop than it did on the road.

At least Pattaya is doing all these projects while there is no tourist traffic, so that part makes sense. But if they would start using construction companies that do high quality work instead of the shoddy incompetent work we so often see, most of this wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

And if anyone thinks the work will be finished on schedule, please allow me a few minutes to finish having my little laugh.

Jomtien Second Road in Pattaya set for major roadwork

By Jetsada Homklin

July 16, 2020

Major construction is set to begin to lay larger drainage pipes under Jomtien Second Road, a project that will disrupt traffic through at least the end of November.

Boontavee Singkoraarj chaired a July 14 meeting with contractors and utility companies to discuss plans for detours, power outages and other side effects of the project, which will begin at Rompho Market and reach the Mashanu curve by the end of September. A second phase to the Dongtan curve is slated to last from Oct. 1-Nov. 25.

Along with 1.6-meter-wide drainage pipes, utility poles will be removed, traffic lanes closed and detours set. Details of the details will be disclosed later.

Jomtien Second Road, of course, is less than ten years old and that wider pipes are needed now prompts questions why they weren’t installed originally. Of course, the entire road project has a long, tormented history.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/jo ... ork-307674
Jun

Re: More roads to be torn up in Pattaya - this time Jomtien Second Road

Post by Jun »

They were resurfacing parts of that road recently, during my last holiday. I think it was in February (2020).
Gaybutton

Re: More roads to be torn up in Pattaya - this time Jomtien Second Road

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:13 pm I think it was in February (2020).
They were doing work on sections of the road as recently as the last time I was there - a week ago. I can't remember the last time I was on that road when there wasn't work going on.

Whose brother-in-law is profiting . . . ?