90-day address report online

Anything and everything about Thailand
ceejay

Re: 90-day adress report online

Post by ceejay »

I have used it once, in Chiang Mai. Your location affects the speed of response, because the online application is forwarded to your local office for approval. I was approved within two hours and got an email notification so it was not necessary to log in just to check progress, but I still had to go back to actually print out the approval.

Some of what follows is anecdotal, as it is a mixture of my own experience and that of friends.
1) Not every browser works. Friends have reported problems with Safari. I use Microsoft Edge, absolutely in it's native state, default settings and no add-ons, exactly as originally installed.
2) Switch off any pop up blockers
3) If a box has a drop down you must use it, even if it is possible to input manually.
4)Use the calendar to select dates.
5) Leave the box for flight number blank

If you have been out of the country you must do your first 90 day report after your return in person (or by post in some places including CM)

If you are late (even if you are still withing the 7 day "grace" period) you must do the 90 day report in person
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ceejay wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 am If you have been out of the country you must do your first 90 day report after your return in person
I'll ask you the same question I asked Bkkguy. How do you know this?

As for the browser, I used Firefox. I did not have to do anything at all, such as stopping ad blockers. It worked fine for me.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am I'll ask you the same question I asked Bkkguy. How do you know this?

As for the browser, I used Firefox. I did not have to do anything at all, such as stopping ad blockers. It worked fine for me.
With regard to the first report after entering the Kingdom, that falls under the anecdotal heading. I have been so informed, but have no personal experience of it because I started using the online system years after I entered.

Browser: your information may be more up to date than mine. I used a Microsoft browser on the basis of advice on Thai Visa and it worked. I do not say that no other browser works - only that I am advised that some have not for some people.

When the online system was first set up, people reported multiple problems. It may well be that these have been solved and that much, or all, of what I do is now redundant. I have no incentive to find out - for me, it ain't broke and I'm not about to fix it.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

I never have much luck with online reporting, so I have done it by registered mail for the last few years, and I sent it by mail middle of last month and finally got a mail response back a week ago after almost a month that I need to appear in person - they want to put a stamp in your passport that you delayed 90 reporting because of COVID-19, this has been widely discussed on Thai Visa
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 pm I need to appear in person - they want to put a stamp in your passport that you delayed 90 reporting because of COVID-19
You sent the passport by mail for your 90-day address report. They want to put in a stamp that you delayed reporting. They had your passport in their hands. They could have just put in the stamp while they had your passport. But nooooo, you have to appear in person.

That doesn't make much sense to me.

I suggest next time trying the online reporting again. If you get it to work, that seems to me to be much better than being without your passport for days, weeks, or even a month.
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:44 am You sent the passport by mail for your 90-day address report.
no, you don't send your passport in the mail, you just send photocopies - and sometimes they are even nice enough to send the photocopies back with your receipt along with a new TM47 form so you are all set for the next report
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

bkkguy wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:25 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:44 am You sent the passport by mail for your 90-day address report.
no, you don't send your passport in the mail, you just send photocopies
I see. I had always thought you send the entire passport. Ok, now I can kinda-sorta understand why they want a personal appearance to stamp the passport, but it still doesn't make all that much sense to me. If they are going to approve your address report anyway, then what difference does it make that you delayed? Why does a stamp to that effect have to be placed in the passport? Your passport will contain the latest receipt anyway and during the "ok to delay" time nobody had to submit 90-day address reports. As far as I know, immigration never told anyone they would end up essentially penalized for having taken advantage of immigration's own offer.

Oh well, just another addition to my "I Don't Get It" list . . .
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

This is probably just something I have not noticed before (I am notoriously unobservant).

I just had my most recent online 90-day report approved. As previously, I printed the blue and red coloured notification with "Approved" in green at the top right hand corner, which you get to with the button marked "Application (PRINT)"

This time I also noticed a button beneath that marked "The Next Appointment (PRINT)". So I thought I might as well, I need a reminder, to find that what it actually links to is the official receipt for the notification, which is the document you are given if you do a 90 day in person. That includes the next due date in a red box.

Like I say, probably just me not noticing, but maybe helpful to somebody.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I applied on line this morning and it was approved about 3:30 this afternoon!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I applied today at 12:15pm. I checked at 4:00pm and my approval was ready and waiting for me.

I also received an Email notification from immigration telling me my report has been approved. That, for me, is new. This is the first time I've received an Email from them. I notice the Email arrived at 3:24pm.

Here is what I received:
ผลการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยเกิน 90 วัน ของท่าน มีการ อนุมัติ กรุณาตรวจสอบการ อนุมัติ ได้ที่ www.immigration.go.th
Notification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th
I'm doubly glad this works so well. Jomtien Second Road is all torn up for construction, making a personal visit to Pattaya immigration very difficult, especially if driving a car to get there.