Thailand to finally do away with the 90-day address reports? Maybe

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Thailand to finally do away with the 90-day address reports? Maybe

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:53 am I just completed the 90 day reporting online and it was approved in less than an hour!
Thank you for letting us know. After reading your post, I checked. Yes indeed, it's back. I suppose we'll never know why the site was down for such a long time, but at least now it's finally back.

For those who do not have the link, it is: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

They haven't done away with the 90-day address reports yet, but since the reporting online system is working now, as you can see I've placed this topic back on announcements.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The Bangkok Post has published an article about the return of online reporting. However, not a single word about why the system was down or why it was down for such a long time before being restored. Why am I not surprised?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rs-returns
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I went to Bangkok Immigration today to renew/extend my OA retirement visa and besides all the usual and anticipated attachments they wanted a copy of my last 90 day report. Then I had to sign a special form that said something about the penalties for either reporting past the 90 days or not reporting. The form said the grace period is 7 days after the 90 day report date. The penalties ranged from a 2000B fine to deportation with a varying scale of how long you're prohibited from reentry. It was quite long and I wanted to take a photo of it but it was yanked out of my hand after I signed it and added to the pile of attachments to my application. Things were going too smooth to start asking questions. I kept my mouth shut.

They have never before paid any attention to the 90 day report when I extended my visa. 90 day reporting is a separate section and now in another building.

It's my opinion the 90 day report is here to stay. I also suspect this new added tidbit was a reaction to the article suggesting that the report has no real function. I would not think that the ground level officers (clerks really) were the force behind this action but rather the important supervisors with unusual high military rank that oversee the 90 day operation.

Not only do I think (pure speculation) that the 90 day report is not going away it might be further entrenched with additional hoops. Oh, I hope I am wrong.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I just did my 90-day address report using the online system. The approval was instant - I mean immediately. And today is a Sunday, which means you don't have to wait for immigration to be open.

The time it took for the whole process - filling out the application, submitting it, getting the approval, and printing it out - less that 3 minutes.