Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bangkokian

Re: Registering for Covid vaccine at hospitals

Post by Bangkokian »

Maple wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:27 pm I tried to register at ThailandIntervac.com. It did not work.
I just had a look http://www.thailandintervac.com and it seems ok -- still confirming my appointment as 1st of January 1970

How far did you get before it didn't work?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:09 pm it seems ok -- still confirming my appointment as 1st of January 1970
Sounds good to me. Any word on where to get the time machine . . . ? Of course, the time machine is probably broken down too.

Maybe a guy who approaches people in parking lots offering genuine Rolex watches for 150 baht also has vaccines on offer for the same price - syringes 50 baht extra.

How nice. Here we are - promises that we can register beginning June 7, but it turns out only if you are going to go to a hospital in Bangkok to get the vaccine. Of course, the web site on which to register doesn't work. For everywhere else in Thailand there is no registration on June 7 and no vaccines available yet even if we were able to register.

Other than that, what's the problem . . . ?
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

The spokesman on the CCSA daily bulletin today said that from today there are no more registrations possible at hospitals.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:47 pm The spokesman on the CCSA daily bulletin today said that from today there are no more registrations possible at hospitals.
Why am I not surprised?

Whoever is in charge of making sure expats can register and get vaccinated - No soup for you!

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Now it looks like many, if not all, Pattaya expats are going to have to wait until October, or even November, before we can be vaccinated, no matter when we can register. Registering is one thing, but just how soon can we get the vaccination after registering - we don't know yet.

Remember the promise that if we get the vaccination at a hospital it won't cost more than 3000 baht? Whoops! They must have had their fingers crossed when they made that promise. According to the Bangkok Post article, now it's 3800 baht.

Of course, bear in mind that the information published seems to change on an almost daily basis. This is today's news. Your guess is as good as mine as to if and when the information will change yet again.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moderna price set at 3,800 baht for two doses

10m doses ordered, delivery to start in October

7 Jun 2021

Private hospitals will charge 3,800 baht inclusive for two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine made by US-based Moderna.

Members of the Private Hospitals Association met on Monday to agree on the price of the vaccine, described as “alternative” since it is not included in the government’s free vaccination programme, according to Thai media, which quoted a source at the association.

The price, likely to be the same at all member hospitals, already includes a service fee and vaccine insurance.

An order for 10 million doses will be placed by the Government Pharmaceuticals Organization on their behalf.

The vaccine will come in three lots — 4 million doses in October, 1 million early next year and 5 million more later.

Previously, the association had said the price should not be more than 3,000 baht for the two-dose regimen. No details were available at this stage on how the new price was calculated.

The government on Monday rolled out a nationwide vaccination after it took delivery of 1.8 million doses of AstraZeneca last week. To date, shots made by two manufacturers — Sinovac Biotech and AstraZeneca — were used.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Monday orders would be placed for 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine and another 5 million more of those made by Johnson & Johnson.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -two-doses

Pattaya expats having a sore time in vaccination scramble, but latest app is working well

By Barry Kenyon

June 7, 2021

The latest government instruction to Pattaya expats is to register on the updated site thailandintervac.com Preference will apparently be given to those over 60 or with life-threatening diseases. The Pattaya vaccination centre for those registered will be the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but applicants should not contact the hospital.

The thailandintervac app was designed initially for a select group of diplomats and members of international organizations, known to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but has now been updated for Pattaya-based retirees, those married to Thai spouses, Elite visa holders, investors and permanent residents. Those foreigners with a work permit will already have registered, and maybe received their first shot, through a separate procedure.

Thailandintervac was available for registration on the morning June 7 but was then overwhelmed and was unavailable until 17.00 hours. It now seems to be working well. Those wishing to register must give their passport number, date of birth and local address in Chonburi province. They must also state whether they have any medical insurance. The cost, if any, is unclear but may include a charge for administration and insurance cover for any side effects.

No time and date for an appointment for the first jab is given and those registered will receive an email in due course. No choice of vaccine is offered. Those currently in use are Sinovac and AstraZeneca with, we are told, Johnson and Johnson and Moderna in the pipeline. Personal details given can be shared with other relevant government agencies.

This procedure is only for foreigners (but not guest workers from neighboring countries who fall under a different system) in the Pattaya or Bangkok areas. Those farang in other provinces have to follow different regulations as announced in the local press and on (reliable) social media. It is now apparent that the vaccination rollout for foreigners will be nationally promoted but locally implemented.

Pattaya expats, retirees in particular, will heave a sigh of relief that the thailandintervac innovation will hopefully be the basis of future action, unlike a host of previous short-lived apps and misleading advice to contact specific hospitals in a never-ending merry-go-round of confusion and even chaos.

The big question mark is when actual vaccination for the latest target group will begin in earnest. Because Pattaya has been designated a potential Sandbox, permitting vaccinated international tourists to visit without quarantine from October 1, there will be a requirement to vaccinate at least 70 percent of the local population by then. The figure will include some foreigners. But Thailand has a “Thais first” priority in overall terms and vaccines locally are in short supply. According to local hospital doctors who chose not to be named, the best guesstimate is that at least half of Pattaya farangs will have to wait until October or November. That’s for the first jab of course. The government has promised to inoculate all Thais by the end of the year.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... ell-358676
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I just completed my registration. http://www.thailandintervac.com

It is very simple. You'll need your passport number. Also there is a required blank to fill in that says "Organization". I just wrote "retired" and that worked fine.

Now it's wait for their end to make contact via Email to set up the vaccination appointment. I'll post if and when I hear from them.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:10 pm I just completed my registration. http://www.thailandintervac.com
And GB did you get a 1/1/1970 date like so many of us did?
painai2

Post by painai2 »

Do I register now if I’ll only accept the Moderna when it becomes available? I don’t want the AstraZeneca or Sinovac.
I don’t seem to get an answer to that question.
(I’m over 60.)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 pm And GB did you get a 1/1/1970 date like so many of us did?
Unless I missed something, I didn't get a date at all. Maybe since vaccines for farang are not available in Pattaya yet, that could be why I didn't get a date. Or - maybe I'm being told "No soup for you!"

Unfortunately, despite being able to register, there is still plenty of confusion. Maybe they can't provide us the vaccine yet, but they can sure give us plenty to be confused about.

painai2 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:22 pm Do I register now if I’ll only accept the Moderna when it becomes available?
I don't think we have a reliable answer for you. My understanding is we are not going to get a choice of vaccines via registration, but I might be wrong about that. You can always reject what they offer, but regarding the freebie vaccines, as James Cagney or Humphrey Bogart might have said, "You'll take it and like it!"

If you want to hold out for Moderna, then my suggestion is to contact the hospital, make sure they understand you want only Moderna, and ask them to tell you what to do.

If you get an answer, please post what they tell you. I prefer the Moderna too as I am sure many of us do.

It seems to me the more that's published, the less we know.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

painai2 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:22 pm Do I register now if I’ll only accept the Moderna when it becomes available? I don’t want the AstraZeneca or Sinovac.
I don’t seem to get an answer to that question.
(I’m over 60.)
My understanding is that Moderna is only going to be available through private hospitals and will have to be paid for. This piece sums it up, but I have seen similar elsewhere, including communications from hospitals:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/priv ... cine-today

Chiang Mai RAM hospital have confirmed an "all in" price of 3800baht for a course of 2 doses.

Of course, we all know things change in Thailand.