Covid vaccine

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Covid vaccine

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:47 pm I don’t remember addressing this question to you. We’ll just have to wait and see what Jun thinks about this!
You don't remember? I've heard that ginkgo biloba helps.

I'm terribly sorry. I forgot that you get to decide what I can or cannot respond to, whether addressed to me or not. You didn't address your question to Jun either.

If you don't want a response from other than the person you specifically address, then send him a PM. Otherwise it's fair game - for anyone . . .
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Rec'd a call from BHP this afternoon. Vaccination date, Aug 3. Once vaccinated I will cancel my MedPark date on the 8th. Forgot to ask about the location of vaccination clinic. Anybody know?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm why on earth did you wait until now?
I agree with Undaunted! He's implying that it's a bad decision and to wait for availability in Pattaya or to wait for Moderna or Pfizer and I agree.

I got my second dose of AZ at Phyathai2 Monday. I was in and out in less than an hour and there was no overcrowding. No adverse reactions to shot 1 or shot 2.

My plan is to get a single dose Moderna or Pfizer booster in 4 to 6 months. I spoke to my Dr. at Bumrungrad Tuesday and he said he wants to do the same but is not confident that there will be enough available supply. Their vaccine appointment site for Moderna was overwhelmed and crashed. It's now on wait and stand-by mode for further information. It did not give a specific appointment date. You were just put on a waiting list and will be notified after October or March next year!

I am not telling anyone what to do but if I was unvaccinated I would get on the Bang Sue application first thing Thursday and book a AZ shot. Traffic in Bangkok has been very light, pack a lunch and hit the road.

I noticed all the staff at Bumrungrad and Phyathai2 were double masked now. Some with those air filter units on their backs. I followed suit and also double masked, one of those blue paper ones and a black clam shell style of the outside. Overkill, I don't know and that's the point, I don't know.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I expressed a view on the matter back on page 10, although for once I was rather subtle about it.
Without commenting on individual cases, I'm generally in the vaccinate ASAP camp. Even if a little driving is needed.
Regarding choice of vaccine, reducing my chances of going to hospital to 1/12th of the previous level now beats getting 1/24th at some unknown future date which may be 6 or 12 months down the road.
Particularly when nothing stops me getting another vaccine next year.

I wore a FFP2 mask for my UK vaccination. Having seen pictures of the Thai vaccine centres, I'd take care to wear an FFP2 mask or even better, an FFP3 mask there, not some poxy surgical mask.
In the UK, we were allowed to wait in the car for 10 minutes after the jab. I'd be most unimpressed if asked to wait with other people in the building for 90 minutes, or whatever it is after the jab in Thailand (for the same vaccine).

According to the Bangkok Post, the first mRNA vaccines will go as further booster doses for medical staff. Offers to expats on the dark side of Pattaya might have to wait.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... izer-shots
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If anyone thinks I am going to go to Bang Sue and get involved with that kind of crowd, think again. I understand what some of you are saying, but as I said, I am staying right where I am and will wait until a suitable vaccine, administered in a suitable manner, is available in Pattaya.

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I just received the following copy of information sent out by the British Chamber of Commerce of Thailand (BCCT). They previously had solicited from British nationals for vaccination in Bangkok. However, this email notes it is for any nationality and mentions Pattaya as a site:
The British Club is pleased to notify Members that the BCCT has received approval from the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for 1,200+ AZ vaccines for delivery in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Khon Kaen.

This follows the mail-out to BCCT and Club Members some two weeks ago – since that time, however, many of those signed-up have already been vaccinated which is good news but BCCT now need to urgently augment the list with anyone of any nationality over 60 years of age or those with one of the 7 stated illnesses. Obesity is defined as more than 100 kg in Thailand.

If you know of anyone in this demographic who needs a vaccine please register on this link: https://members.bccthai.com/connect.

Best Wishes & Regards,
The British Club Bangkok
Although the https://thailandintervac.com/ site by the Thai Department of Disease control no longer offers registration, they do post availability information at various hospitals. A good site to monitor on a regular basis - when they do announce registration availability at a particular hospital, the slots go quickly. They note that registration will soon be coming available at two hospitals in Chonburi Province but so far none in Pattaya.
- Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

- Synphaet Serirak Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Up2u wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:19 pm Rec'd a call from BHP this afternoon. Vaccination date, Aug 3. Once vaccinated I will cancel my MedPark date on the 8th. Forgot to ask about the location of vaccination clinic. Anybody know?
When they did it before for Thais, it was located in the area in front of the parking garage (Building E) - at least that area was blocked off when I went there for another reason with signs in Thai - my Thai partner said it was for people getting the vaccine.

Why not just call and ask them for location?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:08 pm
2lz2p wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:34 pm I told her I already received my first dose of Astra Zeneca and the conversation was concluded.
Two questions:

1. Why did you even tell her that? You could have gone in and received the second dose while the hospital thought you were getting a first dose. You not only could have gotten the second dose, but could have arranged for a third dose if you wished.

2. Why didn't the nurse simply arrange for your second dose instead of concluding the conversation?
Question 1 - Because I think it would be unfair to those in need of their first dose as I would be taking one of the slots that should be available for them.

Question 2 - Under the government program they are giving out first doses at this time at all locations providing the vaccine - under the government program, when you get the first dose, they schedule you for the 2nd in 12 weeks time, so the nurse had no authority to offer a 2nd dose. My appointment is for 2 October at Bang Sue (should be at Gate 1 as no other location was mentioned - so it will not be large crowds like those getting their first jab at the other very crowded gates.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Anyone 18+ can now register for AstraZenica:

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... row-365334
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 am Anyone 18+ can now register for AstraZenica
I think it should be noted that the registration is only for receiving the vaccine in Bangkok at Bang Sue.