Covid-19 and influenza vaccines

Anything and everything about Thailand
ceejay

Covid-19 and influenza vaccines

Post by ceejay »

A new 4 valent influenza vaccine is available and I recently had it from McCormick Hospital Chiang Mai, same as last year.

What was different to last year was that I was shown into a side room for a consultation with a doctor. He informed me that flu and covid vaccines should not be taken within 4 weeks of each other- it does not matter which comes first, the gap must be four weeks.

This is a recommendation from the Department of Disease Control.
Jun

Re: Covid-19 and influenza vaccines

Post by Jun »

I just had my second vaccine in the UK and whilst they asked if I was taking any medication, they did not ask if I'd had any other vaccines recently.
2lz2p

Re: Covid-19 and influenza vaccines

Post by 2lz2p »

ceejay wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:53 am A new 4 valent influenza vaccine is available and I recently had it from McCormick Hospital Chiang Mai, same as last year.

What was different to last year was that I was shown into a side room for a consultation with a doctor. He informed me that flu and covid vaccines should not be taken within 4 weeks of each other- it does not matter which comes first, the gap must be four weeks.

This is a recommendation from the Department of Disease Control.
On May 14, when visiting a doctor at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, I met with their person who is liaison with the Pattaya City Expats Club while waiting for blood test results. I asked about when they might expect to have a Covid Vaccine available for purchase (not part of Government process), which she said would most likely be in October at the earliest. She also commented that if getting a flu vaccine, there should be a 4 week wait before getting a Covid-19 vaccine and vice versa.