Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Post by Gaybutton »

I won't be getting my second jab until October 22, so I cannot personally confirm what a friend told me, but he is reliable.

According to him, when you get your second jab you will be given a receipt. There will be a QR code on the receipt which you can scan into your smart phone. It will be entirely in Thai and there will be parts that have to be filled out, so you probably will need a Thai person to help you with that part. Once it is completed the app will place a "digital health pass" onto your mobile phone. If a venue you want to enter requires proof of vaccination, that is what they are going to want to see. You can also print it out.

One question that comes to mind - what is there to prevent just scanning in someone else's QR code?
thewayhelooks

Re: Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Post by thewayhelooks »

A friend of mine doesn't have a smart phone, or any mobile at all. (True). He has a hospital printout which he has reduced in size and laminated it so he can carry it in his wallet.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone been to a restaurant and actually been asked if they've been fully vaccinated?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I wonder what will be acceptable proof for tourists ?

I've got my UK paper certificate & I've got the NHS app.

If Thailand did the software properly, they could send out a QR code automatically once the COE is approved, but I think there is more chance of me flying to Thailand on the back of a pig than them doing software properly.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 pm I wonder what will be acceptable proof for tourists ?
I am guessing that once you are in Thailand you won't have to prove it at all, especially if international tourists still have to go through a quarantine. Maybe immigration will come up with some sort of requirement, but I won't believe having to prove it to enter a restaurant will take place until it actually does take place. If that happens, we can start up our debate about it again . . .
@DM

Post by @DM »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 pm I wonder what will be acceptable proof for tourists ?

I've got my UK paper certificate & I've got the NHS app.
The spokesman for the CCSA addressed this a week or two ago. Because there is no internationally approved vaccine passport, people vaccinated outside Thailand can use whatever documentation they have from their home jurisdiction (or wherever it is they got vaxed).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

@DM wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:20 pm people vaccinated outside Thailand can use whatever documentation they have from their home jurisdiction
That will be interesting when whatever you've got is shown to a Thai who will have absolutely no idea what he is looking at.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

In Thailand when you are fully vaccinated you are given a slip of paper written in Thai stating your name, age, time and place of you vaccinations, on this form is a QR code that you scan into the Mor Prom app. you then are given back a QR code to carry on your phone.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:10 am There will be a QR code on the receipt which you can scan into your smart phone. It will be entirely in Thai and there will be parts that have to be filled out, so you probably will need a Thai person to help you with that part.
Yes, so far so good.
My Thai friend got as far as the 13 character I.D. number.
Stumped us for a moment when I remembered that my Thai driving licence has a 13 character ID (where that came from I have no idea).
That seemed to be accepted -- next step, 3 numbers from the back of Thai ID card.
Attempt abandoned!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:23 am next step, 3 numbers from the back of Thai ID card.
Attempt abandoned!
Why am I not surprised?