Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Expats - how to prove you've been fully vaccinated

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:13 am You now have to make an appointment
Thank you very much.

Can you provide more information? First, where exactly is the building?

Second, how to go about making the appointment? If online, can you provide the URL? If by telephone, can you provide the phone number? If by QueQ, what do we look for?

Based on Undaunted's information about the Mor Prom app, I am thinking the only reason for expats to bother with the yellow certificate at all is if planning to go to another country. And who knows if whatever country that might be will accept it?

I've seen nothing about what actually will be required as proof of having been fully vaccinated in Thailand, but I doubt it is that certificate because every Thai would also have to get it. I am guessing within Thailand the Mor Prom app will be sufficient. I suggest expat retirees at least get something. I believe it is inevitable that immigration is going to require proof in order to extend retirement visas. If that happens, right now your guess is as good as mine as to what immigration will require as proof.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Directions to Naklua. I haven't been there as I haven't had my second jab. My farang friend went yesterday.

You turn left into the fish market car park in Naklua after following 2nd Road past the Dolphin roundabout. It’s a long way down but has road signs as the road narrows the Fish Market is clearly visible on the left. If you can find a park OK. Usually its full so continue down the car park bear right ....If you turn hard right you end up going back out of the car park into the road ......

The  road leads you towards  the left side in the car park  and the entrance of the market ....follow that road ..it bears left again  between the food stalls and then it swings to the right as you turn that corner the Health Building is clearly visible  on your right side continue past the building and there is another car park to the left where you can likely find a park. It is a U shaped car park is in one side and out on the other 

Go up the steps into the building (Pattayarak Health Unit) and look right ..there is a window where you queue to present your 

Original passport 
Copy of the Passport SIGNED and MOB NO 
Copy of the Certificate  you get OR must get after your 2nd jab ...which must have the 13 digit number issued by the Vaccination provider ( hospital / Station / Stadium Etc )

( Have the original certificate handy )

You make a request at the window for an appointment to come back and present your papers again on the specified day. From my observations the window can be somewhat chaotic with people milling around asking questions 

On the appointment day present the above documents again and your original Passport  Once accepted they proceed to verify your 13 digit number from the computer records and eventually write out by hand the Covid Passport call your name and you check the details and pay 50 Bt 

This area for verification and  collection  is window No 12  on the opposite side of the entrance to where you initially presented the documents....
They take booking at the rate of 50 per day.  To my knowledge all the above needs to be in person ...no facility for on line appointment bookings etc 

I observed a large staff meeting on Friday after lunch  Beware of public holidays, particularly on Monday October 25
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:44 pm To my knowledge all the above needs to be in person ...no facility for on line appointment bookings etc 
This sounds about as goofy as everything else. I don't know about others, but I'm not going to bother with this unless immigration requires it or something else makes it imperative.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

I've posted this on Thai Visa (as was) forum but am not confident of help.
Maybe someone here can give advice.

Any advice please (no guesses or criticisms of my carelessness etc., thanks).
I had my second jab at Bang Sue 2 weeks ago -- very efficient and friendly although no English.

I was given a document afterwards with a silvery QR code stuck to it.

After the 30 minute wait period we gave the form to the official checking that we'd done our full 30 minutes and he gave the (a) form back.

At home, I noticed that we had two forms, the original first jab form and the other a photo copy of that with an extra rubber stamped on it.

I want to enrol on the Mor Prom app but have no 13 digit number or QR code.

I get as far as I can (all in Thai) and it says that I am in the computer system but then demands the 13 character number and my phone number (which it says is wrong).

Can go no further.

Now, I either lost the proper document on the way home or was given the wrong one at the centre on leaving.

Is there any office I can go to or contact to sort this out?

I don't think returning to Bang Sue would be an option --- how would I get through and explain to the various identity checkers etc. (if you'd been to Bang Sue -- you'd understand).

Advice or information pleeeze but no criticisms.

I am in central Bangkok (Phrom Phong).
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

@Bangkokian
This is what I think to be true - I am not sure because I have not been in your situation and don't know anyone who has.

The 13 digit number is linked to your passport number, to prevent people registering more than once. Any hospital administering government vaccinations may be able to help you. If, for example, you are a registered patient at a private hospital which is part of the government vaccination programme they may be able to check for your registration on the Mor Phrom scheme, and look up your 13 digit number using your passport number as a reference. This may be more congenial to you than going back to Bang Sue.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Thanks ceejay.
That sounds sensible.
I'll try my local private hospital that I'm registered as a patient with.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

My friend who did not get his certificate from the Bangkok railway station is registered with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They were very sympathetic to his plight and tried to help him, but were unsuccessful. So he feels he has no option to return to Bangkok on Tuesday.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 am My friend who did not get his certificate from the Bangkok railway station is registered with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They were very sympathetic to his plight and tried to help him, but were unsuccessful. So he feels he has no option to return to Bangkok on Tuesday.
Please post his experience there.. Thanks.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I did yesterday. Previous page, second posting from the bottom.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:02 pm
This sounds about as goofy as everything else.
Agree.

Screw the app...I drove there today...easy to find...second road to the market...turn left in market parking lot...(spots are limited)...go inside brown 3 story building behind the market. Easy to see.

I arrived at 8:30 AM...wrote my name and phone number in their book...scheduled to return next Monday to get the passport.

As others have mentioned: When returning I will need copy of my passport (main page), copy of visa, copy of vaccination certificate and have the original certificate just to show them (they will not keep this).

I stood in line for 15 minutes...no big deal. I suggest going at 8:30 AM when they first open.

Most importantly, when you leave the building - walk directly into the market...turn left down the first isle......look for a boy selling fruit drinks on your left...believe me, you won't miss him. Skin-tight jeans...cute as all hell...ass sculpted by the Gods...and a smile that made me melt. I spent more money on a pineapple smoothie and slice of watermelon than I will for this stupid passport...but at least it made sense.

Good luck.