Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:50 pm Dragon Music Lounge offers both an enclosed, air conditioned, area and an outside sitting area so you can make your choice. The inside is quite nice.
Agreed we can all make our own choices.
The outside seating has tall stools, with no effective back support. So for me, that's a fail. Maybe I'm too demanding, but with so many bars in Jomtien, I can save business for the best of them.

Their Facebook page actually shows a video of some lad in underwear and a couple of candles. If they were to continually offer that kind of entertainment, then they are starting to make proper use of the enclosed bar layout and I would be more inclined to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/DragonMusicLounge
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Many will be happy to know, according to catawampuscat's post on the Sawatdee board, Nice Boys is back to underwear. The jeans are gone.

See: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthre ... post291199
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:03 am Apparently I didn't walk down far enough.
This evening I did walk down far enough. I happened to be not far from the Jomtien area. My curiosity got the better of me, so I went a bit out of my way to check.

I arrived very early - 8:00pm - and stayed maybe 5 minutes, but it was enough to see that yes indeed the ladies really are ladies. 3 of them while I was there. They were fully clothed. There were also two boys working. One of them tried his damnedest to get me to sit down for a drink, but I didn't.

There were no customers at all, while most of the other nearby bars already had plenty of customers. While I don't want to see any of the bars fail, including this one, I do think it is a bar inappropriate (to put it mildly) for Jomtien Complex and in its current format doesn't stand much of a chance.

Unless I am entirely missing something, the question I would ask the owner about opening this bar would be "What were you thinking?"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:25 pm Nice Boys is back to underwear.
That's a good step forward. Now all they need to do is work on the selection of boys. My last off from here was 6 years ago and even he was pushing the envelope of what I normally go for, towards the very effeminate side, including evidence of taking hormones. Undaunted would not be impressed.
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm it was enough to see that yes indeed the ladies really are ladies
Gender test completed.

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm 3 of them while I was there. They were fully clothed. There were also two boys working
Sounds like they are already trying to evolve the format to something that stands a chance of working ? Or the female staff are giving up and going to where they might find customers ?

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm There were no customers at all, while most of the other nearby bars already had plenty of customers. While I don't want to see any of the bars fail, including this one, I do think it is a bar inappropriate (to put it mildly) for Jomtien Complex and in its current format doesn't stand much of a chance.
I want to see the failure of any bar that's inappropriate for the location. That includes straight bars, Arab bars and anything else that's not gay or gay friendly.
There are girly bars all over Pattaya, including on several different Jomtien streets, then South, Central and Northern Pattaya. They don't need to invade the only thriving gay area. If the girly bar were a success, more would follow.

I also find it very convenient to have the gay activity concentrated into 3 areas in Pattaya, 2 of which are a short walk apart.
If a bar is closed, is playing loud music or has some other unexpected problem, it's very easy to visit other nearby bars.

Compare with Chiang Mai, which has several barely viable bars spread over a relatively wide area. This is far less convenient, particularly when trekking around a few closed bars, or other dead-end establishments.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:38 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm 3 of them while I was there. They were fully clothed. There were also two boys working
Sounds like they are already trying to evolve the format to something that stands a chance of working ? Or the female staff are giving up and going to where they might find customers ?
Perhaps. I thought it was because I was there early - 8:00. Maybe the others don't come in until later. That's how it was when I got there.

Other posts made it sound like there were several girls there, wearing little more than bikinis. Maybe so, but for whatever reason, that certainly was not what I encountered.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Last night about 10:00 PM went to Nice Boys most in shorts many with their tails wagging however, nothing new…same-same. There was only me and one other customer, I left walked by Winner there were no boys with the exception of 2 outside…A sorry sight indeed.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I had a new walk-around to see what's happening with the few surviving agogos in Pattaya. Depressing and most of them had no agogo at all... I wont name bar names.

Arrived at 9 pm to an agogo bar. It should be prime time for action in the evening I thought. 0 boys on stage, 3 dressed boys sitting outside. "Not have enough boys for dancing" they said....
I never understand thai logic. If they have 3 boys, get them undressed in their underwear and put them on stage? If the boys are handsome and fun, surely customers will have a drink (I would have). So I walked away.

Next gogo bar, could see through the glass door 0 boys on stage. 3-4 shirtless in jeans sit outside look their telephones. Pass.

Go to another gogo, same thing. 0 boys on stage, 2-3 tired boys and some other staff sitting around. I give that a pass.

One bar that used to be a great agogo bar with sexy exciting shows, but now is a chinese show bar with dressed boys. Had a quick look, some boys on the patio, no action inside. Nothing that justifies staying and having a drink. Walked away.

Finally reaching a gogo bar that has agogo-ing! 8 shirtless boys in jeans and 2 fully dressed boys quickly jumps up on stage when I arrive. I am the only customer. I have a drink with one boy. The bill is expensive imho but at least I got to see shirtless boys on stage.
But the bar applies the old-style format of a mamasan that asks you to off a boy every 2 minutes or so. Not a bar I can stay long time in and feel entertained for a longer period of time.

Then had a look in the gogo bar opposite. About 5-7 boys shirtless in jeans. Boys start to get up on stage when they see me. No other customer. But I know from past experiences I dont feel comfortable in this bar, and the pressure and nagging from ladyboy-mamasans here are very exhausting so I give it a pass.

So I saved the best for last and arrived in Niceboys. 9 boys in underwear. Some of them in shoes, some barefeet. Fun mood, about 12-13 other customers during my 2 hours stay. Boys making good money from drinks, tips and I see some customers off boys.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:46 pmDepressing and most of them had no agogo at all... I wont name bar names.
Not naming them makes it an interesting "guess the bar" challenge.

7 bars is the full set. The one with the patio is BBB. Dreamboys & X-Boys opposite each other. I guess the bar with the glass door is Toy Boys. Nice boys was named.

Am not quite sure which is Winner, but I'm guessing you arrived after the bar owner left, which is when the staff sometimes lose interest in staying on stage to provide a show.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Sad to report, the Girly Bar in Jomtien Complex is gone and replaced by a Boy Bar.
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 am Sad to report, the Girly Bar in Jomtien Complex is gone and replaced by a Boy Bar.
As they apparently say in the US......