Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Post by Gaybutton »

They're back - and once again plaguing the Sunee Plaza area - with little or nothing being done to stop them.

I don't understand why the businesses that rent the bikes to them are never held liable - especially when they rent to those who don't hold any kind of driving license.

As the article says, and as most of us know, "the problem has been around for years." Ok, where are the police? Where is Pattaya's new mayor? Aren't they going to do anything about it?

The second article says the police were asked to take action. Would someone tell me why the police have to be asked to take action when they know damned well what is going on? Nothing in either article says the police actually did take any action at all. Why?

I don't understand the obvious reluctance to do anything about these people.

Tourists are back Pattaya; So are Middle Eastern bike racers

By Pattaya Mail

June 30, 2022

Tourists are back in Pattaya and so are the Arab motorcycle racers.

A problem for years in South Pattaya, young Middle Eastern foreigners are again revving their motorbikes and racing up and down Soi VC and Soi Yensabai.

Neighbors believe the delinquents are young tourists riding rented motorbikes, but the problem has been around for years.

Almost exactly five years ago this week, a force of 100 army, tourist and Pattaya police sealed off Soi VC and Soi Yensabai July 4, 2017 and swept through the two streets rounding up the foreigners loitering and working on motorcycles.

They told the bikers that neighbors had complained about them blocking traffic, racing illegally, making noise and creating a nuisance. They were advised on traffic laws and motor vehicle regulations. A number of the bikers were arrested for having no driving licenses or registrations, and for possessing illegally modified bikes.

The same situation is unfolding again, although police at this point are simply warning motorcycle rental agents to collect detailed information on their customers.

Motorcycle-taxi driver “Somwang” said the problem only recently resurfaced.

“Ead”, a garland seller, said she was concerned she or one of her friends would get hit by the speeding bikes.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/touris ... ers-402746

Group of foreign motorbike racers reportedly causes disturbances at night in South Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

29 June, 2022

Pattaya residents and netizens have reportedly chastised a group of foreign motorcyclists who caused disturbances late at night.

Pattaya News reporters went to Soi Yensabai in South Pattaya last night, June 28th, following multiple noise complaints from locals and tourists.

According to The Pattaya News reporters, a group of foreign tourists of unidentified nationalities gathered in Soi Yensabai near the VC hotel to race motorbikes that they rented from local shops. In addition, some of the foreigners reportedly drove around Pattaya at night and disturbed others by honking and revving up their motorbikes. The racers also were not wearing protective helmets according to complaints and driving dangerously in and out of traffic while speeding around pedestrians.

The affected locals told The Pattaya News reporters that Soi Yensabai was a popular rendezvous for Arabian and Kuwaiti tourists. They also asked tourist police to take action against tourists racing illegally to deter against potential dangers.

TPN notes this is not the first time this has been a concern in this area and was a regular complaint prior to the Covid19 pandemic around South Pattaya and the roads in and around the Tukcom IT mall.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/29/g ... h-pattaya/
Undaunted

Re: Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Post by Undaunted »

As of this post the police are no where to be found……easy solution is to insist those that rent a motorbike need to have a photo copy of a current motorbike license on file with each rental or have a bike with no licensed driver impounded….alas this is Thailand so nothing will deter these young Arabs to the detriment of locals.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:54 pm easy solution . . .
I think an even easier solution - post a few police officers at the offending areas. Stop them, fine them, confiscate the motorbikes, and maybe a few arrests. And if the businesses that rented the motorbikes to them cannot produce copies of their licenses, make those businesses financially liable for retrieving their motorbikes. If they would do those things I believe the problem would stop that day. Police officers, aka Law Enforcement officers - why are they not out there - enforcing the law - and putting a stop to this?

As long as the motorbike maniacs are permitted to get away with this nonsense with impunity, they're not going to stop. And obviously they couldn't care less about making life miserable for everyone else.

The police have never had a problem stopping people who ride motorbikes without wearing a helmet. What's the big problem about stopping these lawbreakers?

If there is a reason why little or nothing has ever been done about this, and continues to be that way even now, add that to my "I Don't Get It" list.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:00 pm And if the businesses that rented the motorbikes to them cannot produce copies of their licenses, make those businesses financially liable for retrieving their motorbikes.
I'd make it a little more severe.
(i) If the businesses that rented out the motorcycle cannot produce a copy of the license, send the motorcycle to the crusher.
(ii) If the person found riding the motorcycle isn't named on the hire agreement, send them to jail for 2 weeks. If that doesn't work, increase the term until it does.

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:00 pm The police have never had a problem stopping people who ride motorbikes without wearing a helmet. What's the big problem about stopping these lawbreakers?
People without helmets can be caught with a simple roadblock. They obligingly stop and are compliant in paying the bribes, so it's a nice little earner for the local mafia.

Going after the scummy middle eastern hooligans is far more like work, even if it would be of more use to society.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I traveled down Soi VC and Soi Yensabai early yesterday morning. Still hordes of Arabs (or Kuwaiti's) driving around in circles...shouting...driving erratically...blocking intersections, etc., and not a single BIB in sight.

What amazes me the most is just how much fun these young guys seem to be having with apparently so little to do. You can see the sheer exhilaration of their faces as they drive around the neighborhood in constant circles shouting at each other along the way.

The only thing I can think of is that they must live very deprived lives back in their homelands to get this much pleasure from doing basically nothing. I wonder if they're even allowed to ride motorbikes?

I did see one real cutie standing in 7/11 who caused me to hesitate in the snack isle a bit longer than normal. I'm not normally attracted to Mideastern guys...too much hair for me and they tend to smell funny, but this guy was an exception. He had smooth skin with a very light complexion...cute as hell...perfectly manicured jet-black hair with one loose long strand covering one eye...and a pair of super snug gray-colored sweat pants - highlighting a well-defined bulge which bounced from side-to-side as he made his way down the isle.

For a minute I forgot all about the whining motorbikes out on the sois and wondered if maybe he was distracted as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:04 am Still hordes of Arabs (or Kuwaiti's) driving around in circles...shouting...driving erratically...blocking intersections, etc., and not a single BIB in sight.
At least they show no interest in the gay bars.

If they want to zoom around on motorbikes, I hope Pattaya's new mayor gets aggressive about it and perhaps find an area that can be designated for this motorbike frolic and require (with enforcement) they go there. Either that or get aggressive about putting a stop to this and order police presence and enforcement - all the time. These people need to find something else to do to occupy their time - and I don't see that happening unless they're forced.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:53 am At least they show no interest in the gay bars.
Back when Michael and Thomas ran Corner Bar there was a young Kuwaiti named Pasha who used to sneak in late at night and sit at the bar eyeing the boys. He was a real nice guy and not bad looking either. He told me once that being gay in Kuwait was against the law - punishable by imprisonment.

He went on the explain how he would go out to Walking Street with all his friends at night, and then slip away into the night and make his way back to Sunee. He always seemed paranoid about being there...always looking over his shoulder...and never once, that I'm aware of, took a boy off. I tried on several occasions to hook him up with one of the local boys (he liked muscular/athletic types) but to no avail. He was just petrified of being seen with a boy, and as far as I know, could still be suffering. Such as shame.

Who knows, maybe that's why they feel the need to let off so much steam when they escape their twisted homelands.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:07 am Who knows, maybe that's why they feel the need to let off so much steam when they escape their twisted homelands.
I can understand the desire to let off steam, but that is not the way to do it. Letting off steam in no way excuses causing problems and hazards for other people. Again, they need to either find something else to do or too bad - they don't get to let off steam.

If you ever see Pasha again, you might let him know about the many short time "love resorts" in Pattaya, several nowhere near where there would be even a remote risk that his people might see him. All he would need to do is go to one of them, rent the room, and use the apps to have a boy come to him. Now he would be safe. He might have to come up with an answer to "Where were you?" questions, but that shouldn't be a major problem. I'll bet most people reading this already came up with several things he could say before they even finished reading that sentence.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

They appear gay when two of them are on the same bike. They really hug onto each other as they ride. But I think in their culture straight men often do that, walking with their arm around their friend.

I’ve noticed I’m invisible to them. Once asking one a question and he just ignored me and walked away.

I was in Forest Bar when they were still open. I was shocked to see an Arab rider slam into a cement pole just yards away from the bar. He was probably coming back from Walking street and was totally wasted. He staggered away up the soi, leaving the bike there. Some of his friends came and took it away. He could have killed somebody easily. I have no sympathy for idiots like this and was hoping he was injured or caught. I should have contacted the police.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Here's a few videos of Arabs preparing for the "Annual Soi Yensabai Motorbike Roundup".