Nice Boys is not Nice Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Nice Boys is not Nice Boys

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 pm That would explain it.
Someone else will have to explain why the other bar is called Euro Boys. As you might say in the UK, I haven't the foggiest . . .
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Euro as a unit of currency or money hence 'money boys' or 'Euro boys" 1 Euro equals 37.09 Thai Baht today.

Back quite some time ago (90-something) a new bar emerged on the Bangkok scene by the same of 'Screw Boys' it was ordered as 'School Boys' but the sign maker screwed (so to say) up and misunderstood. The name Screw Boys stuck. Urban myth or fact, not sure?

There was a short lived go-go in Bangkok called 'Night Boys' early 2000's. It was off of Silom soi 6.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:22 pmEuro as a unit of currency or money hence 'money boys' or 'Euro boys"
That makes sense and I suppose, as a further clue, their sign is written as uroboy$.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthre ... -April-1st

Just look at his friends, it’s very short list ,and there is Night Boys Pub owner.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Rocket wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:06 pm All these years we’ve been calling it Nice Boys when it’s really called Night Boys. That’s what the owner of the bar calls it on his Facebook page. And there’s a sign inside which says Night Boys.

I can understand the lost in translation of it. Both words similar. But I think the boys that work there would not like to think of themselves as nice.
That sign inside saying "Night boys" have been there for years. I also noticed the "Night boys" on one of their new Facebook accounts, just as you say.
Confusing. Illogical. Indeed. But "This is Thailand". I just write it off as thai logic. Nothing to think too much about.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Thanks SP55 for confirming I’m not mad, ha ha. Yeah, it’s no big deal, like GB mentioned previously, who cares what it’s called.

I’m most interested in the guys working there. I just hope it can survive, with a financial crises brewing again as well as Covid lingering. As well as the popularity of Jomtien Supertown drowning out Sunee.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Rocket wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:29 am Thanks SP55 for confirming I’m not mad, ha ha. Yeah, it’s no big deal, like GB mentioned previously, who cares what it’s called.
Keep calling it Nice boys, that is what the staff in the bar themselves say and most of their promotion say. Well the outside sign says "N. Boys" just to make the matter even more confusing haha.

It has been my most visited bar ever since I first started visiting Thailand, and kept being my favourite living here.
I think it will survive. I see lots of customers. And they have managed to attract thai customers as well, which few or none other Pattaya boy agogo seem to. Sometimes groups of thai ladyboys come by and play and drink with the boys - usually great fun to see.