The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Jun »

Quotes from the Bar Reports Thread
Trongpai wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:31 amThe show consisted of boy towel dancers, four lady boy lip sync, a shower show, blow job shows and a big cock show with the sapping on the pole routine. A little too heavy on the ladyboy acts.
That doesn't interest me either.
Dodger wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:38 pm Most of the boys that were there sitting around the bars seemed more intent on finding a donor for a bottle of whiskey so they could continue chatting with their friends versus looking for punters - and every time I looked at a group of farang sitting around I expected to hear someone shout-out "Bingo". Frankly, if I wanted a regular diet of this type of entertainment when I retired I could have stayed home and joined the Elks Club.
Am I the only one who would like to see a gogo bar show that just involves skinny twink lads doing a bit more dancing in their white underwear and then preferably dropping the underwear altogether ? With the lights ON.
No need for lady boys & no need for big muscular guys thrashing their cocks against a pole, with low lighting.
Whilst I respect diversity, we don't have proper diversity, as almost every "show" follows a similar format.
Due to zero interest in this, I usually avoid such shows. However, even before the show, the trend towards gogo boys wearing shorts or jeans isn't my favourite either. I read reports of nudity in boy bars 15~20 years ago & some Pattaya girlie bars still had this within the last couple of years.

Of course, in the covid era I've been getting used to coping perfectly well without gogo bars. As quite a few other board members have done.

My only visit to a gogo in the last 12 months was an unsatisfactory visit to Nice Boys. Winner Boys didn't open during my trip. The Bangkok bars didn't have anything to tempt me any further than a quick look in through the entrance. The last time Fresh Boys tempted me any further than the door was in late Dec 2020 and back then they had some cute lads in thin white underwear. Early this year, things had deteriorated there, so I didn't even make it past the entrance.

On the next Pattaya trip, Winner Boys should be worth a few visits & perhaps Toy Boys.
I'd be very surprised if I'm tempted to be a customer in any of the other Pattaya gogo bars. If they raise their game, I'll be a customer. I
If they give me no reason to go in, I'll be fine without them, as I can easily meet lads on Grindr, then go out to Soi 4 or Jomtien to socialize over a beer.

How does everyone else see this ?
Gaybutton

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:01 pm who would like to see a gogo bar show that just involves skinny twink lads doing a bit more dancing in their white underwear
I second the motion. They don't have to necessarily be all that skinny and I don't care about dropping their underwear. As a matter of fact I prefer it if they don't. But I want to see the go-go boys actually dancing. I'm not there to watch the boys stare at themselves in the mirror, play with their phones, make little or no effort to come on to the customers, or do the "one knee shuffle" rather than dancing.

I like the twink type and even the fem boys far more than I like the macho muscle boys who act as if they're doing me a favor by so much as casting a glance in my direction.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:32 pm the "one knee shuffle" rather than dancing.
Although it has been several years since I was in a gogo bar, even then, there was a multitude of boys standing on stage shuffling their feet (maybe). When I first came to Thailand in 1986 and for a few years after, the stage usually had only 2 or 3 boys at a time and they danced! Ahhh the good ol' days :D
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:01 pm Am I the only one who would like to see a gogo bar show that just involves skinny twink lads doing a bit more dancing in their white underwear and then preferably dropping the underwear altogether ?
No. You are absolutely not alone...Thank God!

Manly men with muscles and hairy legs are the last thing I want to see standing half-naked on a stage unless they are there to repair the lighting. Slim, cute, twinks (fem types) are the ONLY thing I ever went to a gogo bar to see. If a bar had at least one I would visit occasionally...if they had a few I would visit more often...and if all the boys fit this description I would be their best customer (the old Star Boys and Euro Boys immediately come to mind).

Without trying to dwell on the past too much, I really liked the dividing line between Boyztown and Sunee Plaza when it came to this - where Boyztown was geared almost exclusively to the more masculine/boy-next-door types and Sunee of course catered to those who preferred the types we like. Hopefully this will stay the same as the scene continues to improve.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Every word Dodger wrote above - I wish I had written the same words . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

When those twink bars have a "show", they typically shuffle the twinks off the stage and bring out a few lady boys and more macho types. Fresh Boys was such an example.
I just don't get it.
Haven't they considered that the customers might actually prefer to see the twinks, since they chose to visit a twink bar in the first place ?
Also, running the bar with one set of twink staff has to be far cheaper than also paying the dreadful lady boys and macho boys to do the show.
So, rather than having the same kind of show in every single bar, why doesn't a bar experiment by firing the lady boys, firing the macho boys and doing the show with twinks ?
So those twinks can shuffle around the stage for part of the night, then dance & do whatever for the show. Partially solving the problem identified by 2lz2p.

I respect diversity and the rights of people to become lady boys, but I just don't see why every gay "show" has to include them.
I've never understood why they think ALL of us who like boys should all like to see those boys immediately try to disguise themselves as girls. Some might like that, but surely not all of us ?
The universal presence of lady boys in shows suggests they either lack imagination or have a very different idea of what we want.

Then, when it gets to the "slapping a dick against a pole" part, that's always some big muscular guy. If the customer liked twinks before the show started, should we expect that to change after the show has started ?

They could be far more imaginative.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:10 pm I just don't get it.
Maybe you should start a list . . .

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:10 pm I just don't see why every gay "show" has to include them.
I agree. And I would agree further if the word "every" was changed to "any".
Jun

Post by Jun »

Here's a nice little dance number to start our gogo bar show with. Or at least a simplified version. Not a lady boy in sight.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:05 pm Here's a nice little dance number to start our gogo bar show with.......Not a lady boy in sight.
PERFECT!

How would you like to see those adorable dancers drop their blue jean shorts and finish their routines wearing see-through bikini briefs??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I guess those lip-syncing ladyboy acts are just woven into Thai culture. I can't say they bother me too much - as long as the main act involves ONLY cute slim twinks...similar to the ones in the video you posted.

I think I'll watch that video again...Thanks!
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:05 pm Here's a nice little dance number to start our gogo bar show with. Or at least a simplified version. Not a lady boy in sight.
What song is that? I recognize the melody. I hope they’re covering a song or else they’re ripping off someone.Or someone is ripping them off.

I remember playing Flight Song by the Flaming Lips and saying to myself it sounds familiar. Sure enough they had to pay off Cat Stevens for copying Father and Son.