3%
Other
6%

Total votes: 88

Jun

What do you want from gogo bars? (poll)

Post by Jun »

Up to 2 votes per person.
The ideas is you use one vote to express a preference on what you like to see from the guys & the other is to express a preference on ladyboy shows.

If none of these fit, hit the other option & slaughter the poll in the usual manner. :?

If I got this right, the poll is pinned for one day.
Bob

Re: What do you want from gogo bars? (poll)

Post by Bob »

While I don't visit the gogo bars all that often, I voted "other" for the reason that my priorities probably are: (1) alcohol, (2) friendly laid-back people, and (3) good-looking dudes.

It'd be a whole lot easier to list my dislikes attending gogo bars. Number 1 on that list would be seeing some falang (usually a bit slimy looking) being rude to the boys and fondling them (and at times without their approval).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I selected "other" because I like g-strings, bikinis, and thongs, the smaller the better, and no selection similar to that was among the choices.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I would have selected "guys in briefs," (as most go-go have, color white) but there was no selection for that, so I selected "trunks," as the closest match. Crazy Dragon dancers wear "trunks," and I have absolutely no idea what "shorts" are unless that term is interchangeable with "briefs." Maybe a legend would have been helpful for the underwear-challenged like me, when you can't see the forest for the tree trunks. :roll:
cdnmatt

Post by cdnmatt »

Where's the naked option? Geez, you guys need to learn how to make polls. :P

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding).

Really though, I don't care. Ummm, I like it when the boys are five feet away from me, and within hearing distance. Much better than 20 feet away on a stage. That way, I can exchange at least a couple sentences with them before deciding to buy them a drink, and give them a 100 baht tip.
Jason1988

Post by Jason1988 »

I enjoy seeing Thai guys in briefs or shorts. It really depends on the bar and what they expect the guys to wear.

In Bangkok, the bar Twilight, had them parade across the stage completely naked. Now that was a sight!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Before Nice Boys closed and reopened they had at the rear of the stage hot Macho guys shirtless wearing jeans, somethings are better left to the imagination........Very hot!
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

I voted before reading the thread, and found a problem with the limitation presented.

IMHO Nice Boys would have to qualify as my personal bit of paradise, but for me the ideal go-go would have the NiceBoy type, msbation, tasteful (read masculine) shorts or trunk revealing bulge, macho dancing and tasteful sexy (read Butch) show. No lady boys, drag queens, or fems on stage to detract from the boys, well ok, perhaps as Mamasan or wait staff. It is, after all, a Gay bar.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jomtienbob wrote:I voted before reading the thread, and found a problem with the limitation presented.

IMHO Nice Boys would have to qualify as my personal bit of paradise, but for me the ideal go-go would have the NiceBoy type, msbation, tasteful (read masculine) shorts or trunk revealing bulge, macho dancing and tasteful sexy (read Butch) show. No lady boys, drag queens, or fems on stage to detract from the boys, well ok, perhaps as Mamasan or wait staff. It is, after all, a Gay bar.

I agree, for me ladyboys are the ultimate turn off! Why can't there be go go bars that only have ladyboys and those that only have guys?......It's not rocket science you know! I also think it should hold true for beer bars as well, but alas it think it is too late for the bars as most seem overwhelmed with Feminasia.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Why can't there be go go bars that only have ladyboys and those that only have guys?
The only bar I know of in all of Thailand doing that is Tawan in Bangkok. I see that several people here dislike lady-boys and/or fem boys, but I don't think it would be very wise for bars to start getting exclusive. If they did, they would be cutting out customers that like one type or the other. As far as I know, most bars hire any boy who walks in and wants to be a go-go boy, no matter what type they are. Some bars are permitting freelancers to come in and dance (or just stand there doing the "One Knee Shuffle"), without salary, when they're trying to "have farang" take them off.

My preference is boys who are slightly fem, but not overtly so. I don't care for the breast augmentation and I definitely don't care for so much makeup that you would need a putty knife to scrape it off. On the other hand, I also don't care for the macho muscle boys. Since there is such a wide diversity of tastes, I would think the smart thing to do on a bar's part would be to try to have a mix - something for everyone. A bar that's exclusively lady-boys wouldn't get your business. A bar that is exclusively macho boys wouldn't get mine. Every so often I deviate from my usual preference, but I would still tend to take my business to bars where I am likely to find boys that are my type. Why would I go to a bar where I would know none of the boys are my type?