How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (short time)

Anything and everything about Thailand

How much do you tip for short time in Pattaya, on average ? Pick the nearest figure.

Poll ended at Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:59 am

12%
16%
2%
54%
4%
8%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 50

christianpfc

Re: How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (short time)

Post by christianpfc »

I never negotiate in advance. I know what the going rate is, he knows what the going rate is, there is nothing to talk about. And it would spoil the experience.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:I don't have a set amount I "tip" for short time. For me, it depends on the boy, the circumstances, how much I do or do not enjoy the experience with him, whether he's a dud or a ball of fire, whether I've done anything more with him besides just a sexual encounter, and many other factors. It also depends on whether he's a young gentleman I want to see again. The better he performs, the better he does what I like, and the more fun he is to be with, the better his "tip."
So what sort of range do you consider appropriate? I generally pay about 1100 +/-10% based on performance.
If I get a real dud, theoretically I might just go down to 7~800, but haven't yet actually done this.

A colleague was paying about 7~800 & the guys always seemed willing for another off next time he went into the bar.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:So what sort of range do you consider appropriate?
My own range is too varied to answer that. If you're looking for a rule-of-thumb, my recommendation is 800 to 1000 baht for short time, 1200 to 1500 baht for long time (meaning overnight). I would add his taxi fare to that - both directions. The only three responses I can think of would be that's too much, that's too little, or that's just about right. Everybody has to make his own decisions.

When I decide how much to give to a "real dud," that depends on why he's a dud.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I think the amount should be relevant to what your expectations are. For me, Aussie posted realistic amounts for the norm.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I have calculated that the average tip for short time among the 48 participants thus far is 952.08 baht.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

christianpfc wrote:I never negotiate in advance. I know what the going rate is, he knows what the going rate is, there is nothing to talk about. And it would spoil the experience.
I would disagree on never negotiate in advance your knowledge of the "going rate" and his knowledge might differ and create an unpleasant situation.