How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (short time)

Anything and everything about Thailand

How much do you tip for short time in Pattaya, on average ? Pick the nearest figure.

Poll ended at Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:59 am

12%
16%
2%
54%
4%
8%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 50

Jun

How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (short time)

Post by Jun »

After offing a guy, on average how much do you tip for short time (in Pattaya) ?
Pick the nearest figure.

I'm assuming short time is 1~3 hours typically.

Also, as a discussion points:
Do you ever negotiate the tip in advance? I NEVER do this from Thai gogo bars, as there seems to be a reasonable understanding of what the going rate is & furthermore, what incentive is there for him to perform if he knows what the tip is in advance? On the other hand, I have tended to negotiate with freelancers in advance.

Do you vary the tip, according to how well things go? I do slightly, but not by much.

Have you increased or decreased your average tip in the last couple of years?

[Poll is sticky for 1 day]
thaiworthy

Re: How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (short time)

Post by thaiworthy »

I generally don't do short time, but voted anyway. If I did, it would be 1000 baht, long time I tip 1500 baht. I usually do negotiate everything ahead of time so there are no misunderstandings. They usually do accept my offer. One time I offed a guy long time for consecutive nights, then offed a few of his friends, but they only wanted short time. I paid them the same as the long time guy because they were exceptional, so it was a bonus. When the long time guy heard his friends had been paid the same amount for short time as I had paid him for long time, he wasn't very happy. Which just goes to show you can't please all of the go-go boys all of the time. The more you give them, the more they want.
BeginnersMind

Post by BeginnersMind »

I wonder why the gogo bars don't negotiate different prices for different boys - if a boy is popular and being offed every night of the week, the bar should help him to negotiate his price upwards. I'm assuming they get a cut, and it would help them hold onto the popular boys.

I know I'd pay twice as much for some boys compared to others.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

A bit difficult to calculate because I've been with the same boy for 6 years, thus no tips or off fees involved. The money I gave him each holiday went directly in the bank towards the building of a house for his family. We have sex (the term "short time" being applied here just for fun) an average of two times a day. I am with him 4 months (120 days each year).

Here's how the financial aspects have panned out:

2 Short Times Daily X 120 Days Per Year = 240 Short Times Per Year
240 Short Times X 6 Years = 1,440 Total Short Times
Money I've Provided Him for Home Savings + Pocket Money = 1,000 baht Per Day X 120 Days Per Year X 6 Years = 720,000 baht.
720,000 baht divided by 1,440 ST’s = 500 Baht Per Short Time.

If I had spent the past 6 years as a Butterfly I would have been tipping 1,500 Baht per short time which is amount I always tipped before creating a live-in situation. The approximate amount I would have spent would equal 2,160,000 baht (1,500 baht X 1,440 Short Times). That figure doesn't include off fee's so I would add another 228,000 baht (200 baht per Short Time X 1,440 Short Times) bringing the grand total somewhere around 2,448,000 baht.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:bringing the grand total somewhere around 2,448,000 baht.
Maybe it would be a good idea to consider placing that total in a Thai bank account, in escrow of course. That way you've got money for sexual adventures and the 800,000 baht for a retirement visa, both at the same time. Nothing like being able to have your cake and eat it too . . .
painai2

Post by painai2 »

Just a few things I've learned from experience. The word gets out on how much you give. Boys in the bar let each other know how much you give. Another thing is to always give the guy the agreed upon amount. If you had promised 2000 baht and he does what you want, then you had better be ready to pay 2000 baht. Finally, if you decide to tip up for better service, fine. However, next time you see him he will be expecting that extra tip.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I give a bar boy 1000 short time and 1500 long time with more for someone that I really like. Extras may include food and maybe a visit to a club to see a show, a disco or go to a movie. The boys usually appreciate a good meal as many are living from day to day on their limited budget.

A similar poll on Gay Romeo tips would be interesting. Most seem to pay the GR boy less than an off from the bar. For gay Romeo the tip is usually 500 to 700 baht, nearly always short time and they usually ask for more for return visits. When they call me "need money for pay room" is the most used line that I get and probably accurate.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't have a set amount I "tip" for short time. For me, it depends on the boy, the circumstances, how much I do or do not enjoy the experience with him, whether he's a dud or a ball of fire, whether I've done anything more with him besides just a sexual encounter, and many other factors. It also depends on whether he's a young gentleman I want to see again. The better he performs, the better he does what I like, and the more fun he is to be with, the better his "tip."
Jogger

Post by Jogger »

Aussie writes :"A similar poll on Gay Romeo tips would be interesting".
This poll says nothing as to where the boy comes from, be it the bar, the internet, or from the street etc. Hence I have voted accordingly and do not distinquish between bar boys or others.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

GB Wrote:
Maybe it would be a good idea to consider placing that total in a Thai bank account, in escrow of course. That way you've got money for sexual adventures and the 800,000 baht for a retirement visa, both at the same time. Nothing like being able to have your cake and eat it too . . .
Good point.

I've been stashing a little in my Thai bank account each holiday for the past 6 years with that very thought in mind. Now, if I find myself back in the butterfly lifestyle that savings could vanish in the blink of an eye...555.