Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Do you like to see "farang female impersonator shows"?

1/ Yes ,I like to watch them and will go to see them.
13%
2/No I do not like them,I dont want to see them.
87%

Total votes: 75

jomtiemlover

Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by jomtiemlover »

Being new to this board and loving every minute of Jomtien's Candy I am perplexed on the comments made here re Our talented Female impersonator shows.
Please vote and I dearly would like to know the real results.
Even if you do not usually vote,I ask you to make the effort in this one.
Is it just the Lip synching which puts you all off ?
gertrude

Re: Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by gertrude »

I do like Madame Karen.
monty

Post by monty »

Hi All
Not all farlang female impersonators lip sink, some sing,other do it for fun and tell joke and make the act funny,As long as thay dont take them- selves to serious,it light harted entertainment.Dame Edna is a STAR.And I love Madam Karen also.
Take Care
Monty
kcampb49

Post by kcampb49 »

Count me as one of those that "just don't get it." "It" being the popularity of these shows among so many Gay men. I'm a Gay man who likes men, especially slender young Asian men, and I've just never understood the attraction for Gay men of watching men dressed like women. I don't get the Lady Boy attraction either. I'm not knocking it, to each his own, but I could happily go the rest of my life without seeing female impersonators, and especially farang ones. Now, young men doing a sexy dance...can't get enough.

Also, I'm not impressed with the "talent." Where's the talent in lip syncing to music written and performed by someone else? I've only seen the lip-syncing variety of show though, not real singing. Sometimes the jokes can be fun, but mostly the shows I've seen do not fit my notion of a talented comic at work either.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For me it's not no, but hell no. I don't like anything at all about those kinds of shows. kcampb49 expressed my sentiments exactly.
YardenUK

Post by YardenUK »

I am with GB, a total NO NO NO, even more so no if i am on holiday in Thailand!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

LKAsians wrote:ruined for me by farang female impersonators getting the microphone in their hand and never shutting up.
Not all that many years ago, someone in the audience might have called out, "Get the hook!"

Maybe one of these days the bar owner will finally figure out that they need to change their shows and get rid of these acts that I believe do more to drive people away from their bars rather than attract them to it. It's those kinds of shows that are the reason I always leave a bar when it's show time. I know what to expect and it's the same every time.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Gaybutton wrote:For me it's not no, but hell no. I don't like anything at all about those kinds of shows. kcampb49 expressed my sentiments exactly.
GB,

I am with you 1,000%

The "over the hill" gals do nothing for me...Sorry Miss...Ladies...or Madam...or ???

The lip syncing LadyBoys...such at Venue are OK...for their roles in the show.

I enjoy the music, dancing and singing. Especially talented and handsome men -
singer, dancer or performers in the shows.

I applaud the Ladies who perform at the charity shows.
They do raise funds needed for charity sake. But they seem to dominate the charity shows. Few handsome boys as singers, dancers and performers are featured.

However, bring on more of what I believe the customers. visitors and expats
really want - that is - bring on the boys!

tj
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

I'd rather slash my wrists.