Jomtien Foodland

Anything and everything about Thailand
puan

Re: Jomtien Foodland

Post by puan »

Maybe...just maybe...it is going to be on the ground floor of the new Ocean One condominium building. :lol:
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Passed by the site where Foodland is going on Threppasit and they are building a small temporary structure. Looks like it will be housing for workers?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Looks like it will be housing for workers?
If so, it's about time. Once construction actually begins, it shouldn't take very long to build and finally open.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I agree. I recall hearing that it should be open by the end of this year.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I walked past the site last night and can report that the construction has nothing whatsoever to do with Foodland. It is, in fact, an outdoor restaurant next door.

There is no activity on the Foodland site, so all our hopes for a new market anytime soon are down the drain.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

richsilver wrote:I walked past the site last night and can report that the construction has nothing whatsoever to do with Foodland. It is, in fact, an outdoor restaurant next door.

There is no activity on the Foodland site, so all our hopes for a new market anytime soon are down the drain.
I wouldn't hold your breath, with the economy ailing, it would be a prudent business decision to delay this expansion.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I was in Foodland on Pattaya Klang the other day and saw one of the managers. I asked him what the situation was with the Thepprasit Road. He said it will be a long time before it opens because they will open the store in North Pattaya Terminal 21 which is at the beginning of its construction now. The reason they will open at Terminal 21 first is they don't have to construct a building at that location. So I suppose the Thepprasit Road location won't be open for 4 years or more.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

For those who don't know where it is, Terminal 21 is under construction at the junction of Second Road and Pattaya Nua. It's supposed to open some time in 2018.

http://www.mypattayacondo.com/terminal- ... open-2018/

The only thing on Thepprasit that's at the construction site is the large Foodland sign. It's been there for about two years now. If the Foodland on Thepprasit ever does open, let alone ever built, by then they'll probably need a new sign.