Visa overstay blacklisting to begin in March

Anything and everything about Thailand
bruce_nyc

Re: Visa overstay blacklisting to begin in March

Post by bruce_nyc »

Regarding the airlines requiring an onward flight within 30 days if you don't have any visa.... Many people just pull up a flight itinerary on their computer, type in their names, and print it. Without buying any tickets at all.

I know it's so stupid. It's not even a requirement of immigration ( at least for Thailand ), but it's enough to make the airline happy.

Show that to the airline. Make sure the "onward" flight is on a different airline, and you're golden. Thailand immigration doesn't even require any proof of an onward flight. ( Tho some countries do... like the Philippines and Malaysia ).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If you are an overstayer, don't forget - this all begins March 20.

For the latest information, see: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/more-fo ... stay-56365
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm seeing several articles about this lately. I think the immigration authorities mean business about it. In any case, whether this is going to be yet another "crackdown" that quickly fizzles out or not, I'm taking no chances. Nothing in any of the articles that I can find says how they intend to go about this - which means the possibility of random checks.

I'm not going to get back into the debate about carrying your actual passport or a photocopy, but at least carry something. If your choice is a photocopy, I suggest making sure you're carrying a photocopy that includes the main passport page, your departure card, and your current visa.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If anyone reading this is an overstayer, I urge you to report to immigration before the March 20 deadline.
Either that, or face the consequences.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Immigration has a video presentation regarding the new overstay rules:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The new overstay rules are now in effect.