Hotel in Saigon: Recommendations needed

Anything and everything about Thailand
Maple

Hotel in Saigon: Recommendations needed

Post by Maple »

Hotels in Saigon: Recommendations needed

Anyone have recommendations about hotels in the Bến Thànhin area of Saigon? (There don't seem to be any Gay or Gay-friendly hotels listed when I do a search on Google.)

I am looking for a hotel with the following features: an in-house restaurant, moderate price ($40-$50 USD), elevator/lift, free breakfast, wi-fi available throughout the hotel, and a swimming pool (saltwater preferred).

Also, any suggestions for day trips from Saigon?
lvdkeyes

Re: Hotel in Saigon: Recommendations needed

Post by lvdkeyes »

Try Agoda for hotels. I have stayed in hotels there with two of us in a room with one bed with no problems. I don't remember the name of the hotels.

Cu Chi Tunnels is a nice day trip with a visit to Cao Dai Temple.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

There is Pink Tulip which is gay managed, restaurant, standard room 30 USD, WiFi, but no pool. There is no such thing as free breakfast, it might be included in the room price; as far as I remember for Pink Tulip it's not.

There is plenty to see within the city: cathedral, opera, post office for architecture, war museum and presidential palace (?) for history, various temples.

For day trip Vung Tau (about 100 km south, seaside resort) is interesting, I recommend going by hydrofoil.
painai2

Post by painai2 »