Post by Gaybutton »

thaifarang

Re: New updated map of Sunee Plaza - by All of Me bar

Post by thaifarang »

Thank you. Needed this.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It turned out that the map originally posted contained an error (and I'm waiting for All of Me bar to tell me what it was. I didn't spot it). The original map has been replaced with the map showing now. If you downloaded the map from the original post, get rid of that one and replace it with the revised map.
puan

Post by puan »

All of Me....great job. :)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ahaaaaaaa! It turned out the error was Sky Bar was listed twice, which threw off the bar and restaurant count. I never spotted that. In any case, now the map in the post is accurate.

I'm glad to see an accurate current map. I've seen maps published showing all kinds of inaccuracies about Pattaya's gay venue scene, including listings of venues in the wrong place, venues that no longer exist and haven't existed for years, wrong names, etc.

I'd also like to see some of the photos in some of the bar ads that actually show photos of the current staff. I've seen ads showing photos of boys who have long since disappeared from Pattaya's bar scene. I have no idea about Bangkok bar photo ads. I don't go to the Bangkok bars, but it would come as no surprise to me if some of those ads are just as out of date.
allofmesuneeplaza

Post by allofmesuneeplaza »

My thanks to GayButton for posting our updated map of Sunee Plaza. We last updated the map/directory in November 2015, and since then three more bars have closed in Sunee Plaza: Jasmine (Wan and Colin) JoJo's (formerly Wan's) and Sunny Boys (Raymond). So I was pleasantly surprised to count that we still have 31 (same as Baskin Robbins flavors) businesses with 29 bars, 12 eateries, 7 lodgings, 3 go-go venues, 1 massage shop and 1 swimming pool to serve Pattaya's gay residents and visitors.

I have been a big fan of Pattaya's gay districts since my first visit to the city. I like Boyztown. I like Jomtien Complex. And I like Sunee Plaza. Each district is unique and has something special to offer its guests. It's certainly no secret that Sunee Plaza has been much quieter during the past two years. That is sad because I fear it does not bode well for Pattaya, and perhaps for all of Thailand, as a gay retirement and tourist destination. Just as the demise of the DayNight gay district diminished what we have to offer, so the demise of Sunee Plaza or Pattayland Sois 1 and 2 will further diminish our attractiveness both to visitors and to expats considering where to live.

Can we do anything about it? I don't know. But I do know that with 29 bars, plus the other businesses, with some of the friendliest and attractive staffs you will find anywhere, Sunee Plaza still has a lot to offer its visitors. So come visit us. The staffs of All Of Me and All Of Me Too, and all of Sunee Plaza, are waiting to entertain you.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

allofmesuneeplaza wrote:Can we do anything about it?
Yes, I believe things can be turned around and without all that much effort - if the bar owners will do it. I'm convinced some bar owners are their own worst enemies. Too many bar owners seem to think hanging out their shingle and putting some boys out in front of their bar is all there is to it and that will attract plenty of customers. Wrong.

I have been saying the same thing for years, and I still believe I'm right. Too many of the Pattaya bars do nothing to make their bars fun places to be. At many bars I wouldn't know who the owner is if he was sitting next to me. Too many boys in front of the bars, instead of doing anything to bring in customers, spend most of their time staring at their mobile phones or every once in awhile calling out "Welcome inside Mister." Now, how many reading this board have ever sat down in a bar because a boy called out "Welcome inside Mister"? I never have. And once you do go in, how many appreciate the boys still paying much more attention to their mobile phones than you? For me it's gotten to the point that one bar is the same as the next. With rare exceptions, nothing unique and nothing that would attract me ever takes place.

Sometimes there is a street party. That's when the loudspeakers are set in the street blaring away the music at full volume. It attracts plenty of boys, but it drives away most customers. It for sure drives away me and every farang with whom I am acquainted.

Speaking only for myself, most bar shows also drive me away. I'm sorry, but having my eardrums blasted out while watching lady boys lip sync along with a few dancers in cheap costumes is not my idea of whoopee.

What happened to things like Boy Bingo, raffles for free offs or free drinks? What happened to bar shows that actually offer something different? I remember the original Crazy Pub show. They actually had acts, most of which I liked. Boys doing magic acts. Boys doing comedy skits. I can still visualize the boy who would come out wearing a gstring doing a hula-hoop act.

The bar owners need to figure out that not nearly the number of gay farang are coming to Thailand as had been coming years ago. They also need to figure out that online hook-up sites, such as Planet Romeo, have become serious competition. They need to understand that the powers-that-be have set restrictions that barely existed years ago. If the bar owners want to avoid eventual extinction, they need to find ways to overcome the obstacles that currently exist.

If the bar owners would at least do something, I, for one, would be in the bars a lot more often. I truly believe all the Pattaya bars could see the success they had years ago when it was difficult to find a seat in any of the bars and if you wanted to make sure you could have the boy you desired, you had to reserve him a day in advance. The way things are now, a boy is lucky to be taken off at all.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

Is there any place with lift? Really hard to find a good place to stay for me. Europalace was good but now Happy Boys closed.
Tawan434

Post by Tawan434 »

In Siem Reap there are two fun bars - AC / shows with dancers / beautiful decor / good prices. Too bad Pattaya doesn't have some bars of that quality instead of bored boys taking up the seats.
a447

Post by a447 »

What 2 bars are you referring to? Is one of them the Station Wine Bar?